From Copycat Recipe Guide
Red Lobster Artichoke Dip
At Red Lobster, patrons can order several appetizer dishes, including Lobster Pizza, Creamy Crab Nachos, and Red Lobster’s own Artichoke Dip. But you don't have to go to the restaurant to enjoy their appetizers--especially when you have this Red Lobster Artichoke Dip recipe. The restaurant puts its own spin on a traditional artichoke dip by adding chopped lobster meat for an even richer, tastier flavor experience. Learning how to make this Red Lobster Artichoke Dip recipe is both fun and fairly easy and it can help cooks prepare a memorable appetizer or meal for guests.
|Flickr: Ollie Crafoord|
|Customer service phone||866-242-5200|
|Main ingredients||Cream cheese, lobster meat, artichokes|
|Similar to||Olive Garden Spinach and Artichoke Dip|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Red Lobster Artichoke Dip Ingredients
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped lobster meat
- 1 cup canned artichokes
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
Recipe courtesy of Red Lobster
Red Lobster Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Soften the cream cheese by either leaving it out at room temperature for 30 minutes or microwaving it for 30 seconds. Make sure the cream cheese is soft enough to stir by hand. Empty it into a medium-sized bowl.
- Use a sauté pan to melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Chop the lobster meat roughly and place it in the pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain the canned artichokes and chop them. Add them to the pan and combine gently. You want to leave the lobster meat as unmolested as possible.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the lobster and artichokes to the cream cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese to the mixture.
- Stir everything in the bowl together well, making sure to incorporate all the ingredients evenly.
- Add the sour cream and stir well. Transfer the dip to an oven-safe dish and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Parmesan and the 2 tablespoons of goat cheese over the top.
- Put the dip under the broiler on medium heat and cook for just a few minutes until the top is browned. Leave the oven door open and watch the dip to avoid overcooking.
- Garnish the dip with diced tomatoes.
Bethenny Frankel's Skinny Girl Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- While Red Lobster recommends using freshly grated Parmesan cheese in the recipe, feel free to use shredded cheese if fresh is not available.
- If you don't like cream cheese, you can replace it with sour cream in the recipe. You can also use mayonnaise in place of the cream cheese if you like.
- If you're not a huge fan of lobster, try substituting crab instead.  Use 1 lb of jumbo lump crabmeat and make sure you pick out any shell fragments before using.
- This dip can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated for broiling later. Simply complete steps 1 through 8 as described above. Cover the dip and refrigerate until ready to serve. To heat, transfer the dip to a microwave-safe dish and microwave it on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
- To add a bit of spice, substitute the cream cheese for 1 cup of grated pepper jack cheese. Swiss cheese can also be used. To add some color, use shredded Cheddar cheese instead.
- If you'd like more flavor, mix in a 1 ounce packet of garlic and mushroom soup mix.
- To complete the appetizer course, try serving the prepared dip with tortilla chips and pico de gallo.
- For an eye-catching appetizer, serve the dip in a bread bowl.
Also See: How to Make Red Lobster Lobster Pizza, How to Make Red Lobster Creamy Crab Nachos, How to Make Olive Garden Spinach and Artichoke Dip, How to Make Applebee's Spinach Pizza, How to Make Applebees Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip, How to Make Pizza Hut Blue Cheese Dip, How to Make Outback Steakhouse Coral Reef Crab Dip