From Copycat Recipe Guide
Red Lobster Batter Fried Shrimp
Red Lobster’s Batter Fried Shrimp are served as an appetizer at the seafood dining chain, but they are also suitable for a light lunch. Individuals and families who want to enjoy the taste of this dish at home can learn how to make this Red Lobster Batter Fried Shrimp recipe using just a few ingredients. Similar to beer-battered shrimp, batter fried shrimp are simple to make and can be served with dipping sauces as desired.
|Customer service phone||800-LOBSTER |
|Main ingredients||Shrimp, flour, oil|
|Similar to||Fried shrimp|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Red Lobster Batter Fried Shrimp Ingredients
- 1 ½ pounds shrimp
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Additional vegetable oil for deep frying
Recipe courtesy of Red Lobster
Red Lobster Batter Fried Shrimp Recipe
- Peel and devein the shrimp, if necessary.
- If using a deep fryer, pour enough vegetable oil into the fryer to cover the shrimp well. Preheat it to 350 degrees. If using a deep skillet, pour one to two inches of vegetable oil into the pan and heat it on medium-high until hot. Test the temperature by dipping the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil. If the oil around the handle bubbles, it’s hot enough for frying.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg well. Combine the egg with the ½ cup of vegetable oil and beat the mixture thoroughly.
- Add the flour, milk, seasoning salt, and salt to the egg mixture and stir well.
- After the oil is hot, dip the shrimp into the batter mixture and coat each one well. Drop them individually into the hot oil and cook for 30 to 60 seconds. Make sure to keep the shrimp separated in the oil so that they don’t stick together.
- Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon and transfer them to paper towels to drain.
Betty’s Gorgeous and Tasty Deep-Fried Shrimp Recipe
As an appetizer, this recipe serves six people. Red Lobster’s chefs recommend using ½ tsp. of baking powder to make a lighter batter. Cooks can also substitute beer for the milk in the recipe to add a barley flavor to the crust. The restaurant also suggests serving a light lager, a dark beer, or an amber beer with this entrée.
For easier handling, you can peel the shrimp but leave the tails attached. This is particularly helpful if you'll be serving the batter fried shrimp at a party or a dinner.
To add a Southern recipe flair to this dish, replace the milk with beer. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels before dipping them into the batter.
For a quick dipping sauce, mix tartar sauce and lemon juice together and serve alongside the shrimp.
To add a tropical flavor, roll the battered shrimp in shredded coconut after battering. Place the shrimp on wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes before frying.
Also See: How to Make Red Lobster Asian Garlic Grilled Salmon, How to Make Red Lobster Lobster Bisque, How to Make Red Lobster Maple Glazed Salmon and Shrimp, How to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits