From Copycat Recipe Guide
Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Red Lobster is best known for its seafood dishes, but their Cheddar Bay Biscuits get quite a bit of attention, too. With this Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits recipe, you can enjoy these biscuits anywhere and anytime. Each day, Red Lobster serves nearly 1.1 million Cheddar Bay Biscuits, for a total of 395 million per year, or enough to stretch over 15,500 miles if laid in a straight line. In their worldwide restaurants, Red Lobster prepares the biscuits every 15 minutes, then serves them to diners as complimentary appetizers. Red Lobster does not publicly share their secret recipe, but the following Cheddar Bay Biscuit recipe produces biscuits as good as those served at the restaurant.
Serves: Makes 12 biscuits
Start to finish: 30 minutes
|Creative Commons image by Robert Simmons|
|Offered by||Red Lobster|
|Customer service phone||800-562-7837|
|Main ingredients||Baking mix, cheese|
|Similar to||Garlic-cheese drop biscuits|
How to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups baking mix, such as Bisquick
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold
- 3/4 cup cold whole milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a fork to mix the baking mix and cold butter.
- Stir in milk, cheese and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Mix, using a wooden spoon or your hands, just until fully incorporated.
- Drop 1/4-cup portion of the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Allow an inch or so between each portion.
- Combine melted butter with parsley, remaining garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Brush the melted butter mixture over each biscuit.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown around the peaks of each biscuit.
- By skipping the cheese and spices, other flavorings such as cinnamon, sugar and raisins can create a sweeter version suitable for a breakfast or dessert. Another way to use the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit dough is to wrap it around a hot dog or sausage.
- Red Lobster recommends that you don't over-knead the dough.
- If you'd prefer, you can substitute cold water for the cold whole milk to make the biscuit dough.
Also See: How to Make Red Lobster Artichoke Dip, How to Make Red Lobster Asian Garlic Grilled Salmon, How to Make Red Lobster Batter Fried Shrimp, How to Make Red Lobster Broiled Dill Salmon, How to Make Red Lobster Citrus Rum Glazed Mahi Mahi, How to Make Red Lobster Country Fried Flounder, How to Make Red Lobster Creamy Crab Nachos, How to Make Red Lobster Fish in a Bag, How to Make Red Lobster Fresh Tuna Club