From Copycat Recipe Guide
Red Lobster Creamy Crab Nachos
Red Lobster offers its Creamy Crab Nachos as an appetizer for guests. This dish may sound complicated, but it is actually fairly simple, particularly if you follow the Red Lobster Creamy Crab Nachos recipe listed below. The preparation involves using tortilla chips, lump crab meat, cheese, and salsa to quickly prepare the dish, which can then be served at parties or as a first course at dinner. There is no specific salsa variety recommended for this dish, so cooks can use their favorite brand as desired.
Red Lobster was first known as The Green Frog when Bill Darden opened it in Lakeland, Florida, in 1968. Darden's passion for serving his customers fresh seafood transformed his first restaurant into the Red Lobster chain that it is today. There are over 680 Red Lobster restaurants through the United States and Canada, so if you're in either of those countries, you can get your Red Lobster Creamy Crab Nachos fix easily!
|Flickr: Ollie Crafoord|
|Offered by||Red Lobster|
|Customer service phone||800-248-4931|
|Main ingredients||Lump crab meat, nacho chips, assorted cheeses|
|Similar to||Seafood Nachos|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Red Lobster Creamy Crab Nachos Ingredients
- 20 to 30 nacho chips
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups lump crab meat
- 1 large plum tomato
- 1/4 cup canned black beans
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp. salsa
- 2 jalapeno peppers – or – 2 tbsp. canned mild green chilies
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
Recipe courtesy of Red Lobster
Red Lobster Creamy Crab Nachos Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the nacho chips evenly on an oven-safe plate or a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Seed and dice the tomato.
- If using fresh jalapeno peppers, put on a pair of rubber gloves. Slice the peppers open and remove the seeds. Dice finely.
- Rinse and drain the canned black beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the fresh cilantro, diced tomato, jalapeno or chilies, black beans, pepper jack cheese, and the salsa.
- Add the crab meat. Toss gently so as not to completely break up the crab.
- Spoon the crab mixture evenly over the tortilla chips.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Monterey jack cheese, cream cheese, cumin, and chili powder together. Sprinkle over the crab mixture on top of the chips.
- Bake the nachos for five minutes or until the cheese is melted and the nachos are heated through.
- If you plan to use fresh jalapenos, it's a good idea to use safety glasses to avoid the irritating fumes from the peppers.
- If you want to give your Creamy Crab Nachos another seafood component, consider making Red Lobster Shrimp Salsa to use instead of traditional salsa.
- According to Red Lobster, this recipe makes enough to serve as an appetizer for four people. However, to prepare this dish for a larger party, cooks can simply multiply the recipe ingredients as needed.
- A great way to turn this recipe into bite-sized servings is to use bite-sized tortilla chips and then spoon the crab and cheese mixtures individually onto each chip. However, as you can imagine, this method of preparation would take more time than the method described above.
- Since this dish makes a good first course, chefs might want to serve it alongside a hearty entree such as Red Lobster’s Asian Garlic Grilled Salmon and a simple salad like KFC’s Bean Salad for a complete meal.
- If you'd like to give your Creamy Crab Nachos a twist, you can add a variety of ingredients. Some that work well with crab are: corn, sour cream, Pico de Gallo, etc.
- Give Your Red Lobster Creamy Crab Nachos a colorful spin by using red and blue tortilla chips instead of plain old white ones.
- Not a crab fan? Substitute shredded chicken or lobster instead. Both alternates work great with the flavors above.
Simple Salsa Recipe
If you'd rather make your own salsa instead of store-bought, gather together six tomatoes, one onion, 3/4 cup green chile peppers, and one teaspoon each of vinegar and salt. Chop the tomatoes, onion, and chile peppers, then combine. Drain any excess liquid from the mixture and then add the vinegar and salt and combine. 
For a complete Red Lobster at Home experience:
- Begin the meal with Red Lobster Creamy Crab Nachos.
- Make Red Lobster Maple Glazed Salmon and Shrimp accompanied by the restaurant's delicious rice pilaf.
- Complete the meal with pecan pie or chocolate ricotta pie.
Also See: How to Make Red Lobster Asian Garlic Grilled Salmon, How to Make Red Lobster Batter Fried Shrimp, How to Make Red Lobster Shrimp Salsa, How to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, How to Make Red Lobster Lobster Bisque, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion