From Copycat Recipe Guide
Red Lobster Lobster Bisque
Making a batch of this Red Lobster Lobster Bisque recipe at home can bring a "wow" factor to a holiday, family or party meals. This rich and hearty soup can serve as an appetizer or take center stage as a main course. Paired with Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits and a side salad, the soup can be the highlight of any dinner.
Red Lobster is a chain seafood restaurant with over 680 sites. Founded by restaurant entrepreneur Bill Darden, the company is now a part of Darden restaurant group along with Bahama Breeze, Olive Garden and other chain restaurants. Red Lobster, which is the restaurant responsible for the creation of popcorn shrimp, serves seafood-themed lunches and dinners. The restaurant regularly runs special promotions like their endless shrimp, which allows diners to order all the shrimp they can eat for one flat price.
Start to finish: 90 minutes (Active time: 45 minutes)
|Customer service phone||800-LOBSTER|
|Served as||Appetizer, Soup|
|Main ingredients||Lobster, tomatoes, white wine, fish stock|
|Similar to||Creamy lobster bisque|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Red Lobster Lobster Bisque Ingredients
- 6 cups water
- 12 ounces white wine
- 2 cups fish stock
- 2 medium live lobsters
- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3 ounces brandy or cognac
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Recipe adapted from Red Lobster's Recipe Box
Red Lobster Lobster Bisque Recipe
- Combine the water, wine, and stock in a large pot, then bring to a boil.
- Turn the lobsters belly-up and set them in the pot. Turn the stove down to medium and place a lid on the pot. Cook for six minutes.
- Use tongs to flip the lobsters over and re-cover. Leave for six minutes more.
- Use the tongs to remove the lobsters and place them on a separate plate. Let cool.
- When they are no longer too hot to handle, separate the meat from the shell. Cut it into ½-inch cube-shaped pieces. Place the meat in a covered container and refrigerate.
- Put the empty shells back in the pot and lower the heat to a simmer. Do not replace the lid. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Drain the broth through a colander into a container. Refrigerate the broth and throw away the shells.
- Place the empty pot on the stove over medium heat. Add the melted butter.
- Next, pour in the cognac or brandy. Cook the mixture until the liquor burns off.
- Add the flour gradually until the mixture is light yellow.
- Remove the refrigerated broth and combine it with the tomatoes, salt, thyme, paprika, and red pepper.
- Add the broth mixture to the pot with the butter. Cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat, with no lid. Stir the mixture frequently.
- Take the bisque off of the heat. Add a bit of the mixture at a time to a blender set to medium speed.
- Remove the diced lobster from the refrigerator and add it to the bisque puree.
- Pour in the cream slowly and heat through. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Serve hot. Be sure to turn the heat off as soon as you are ready to serve to prevent the lobster meat from overcooking.
Stew’s Chef Shorts: Lobster Bisque
- This recipe uses live lobsters, but cooks can substitute these for 1 pound of diced lobster meat. Also, Red Lobster chefs recommend adding a dash of sherry to the stock for a bit of added zing.
- As prepared, the bisque is enough for four servings. If the finished product is too thick, cooks can thin it by adding a little liquid before serving it. 
- Feel free to sprinkle each bowl of bisque with chopped chives for garnish.
- Cut the fat content in the soup by replacing the heavy cream with half-and-half. You can also add vegetables to bulk it up and increase the number of servings to cut the calories in each portion.
Crockpot Red Lobster Lobster Bisque
- Save time by preparing the bisque in a slow cooker. Simply replace the live lobsters with four lobster tails. Cook the onion until translucent, then combine all the ingredients in a large slow cooker. Cook on low for about six hours, then puree the soup as described above. Add pureed soup back to the pot with the empty lobster tail shells and cook for 45 minutes on low.
Also See: How to Make Red Lobster Asian Garlic Grilled Salmon, How to Make Red Lobster Creamy Crab Nachos, How to Make Red Lobster Shrimp Gumbo , How to Make Red Lobster Creamy Crab Nachos, How to Make Red Lobster Lobster Pizza |How to Make Red Lobster Seafood Paella