From Copycat Recipe Guide
Red Lobster Rice Pilaf
Red Lobster restaurants, which first opened in Florida in 1968, serves up a variety of seafood dishes with fish, shrimp, crab, lobster, scallops, and more. With this Red Lobster Rice Pilaf recipe, you can bring one of the chain's most popular side dishes into your own home. Red Lobster Rice Pilaf is just one of many side dishes served at the restaurant; others include broccoli, baked potato, French fries.
Start to finish: 45 minutes
|Creative Commons image by me and the sysop|
|Offered by||Red Lobster|
|Customer service phone||800-562-7837|
|Served as||Side dish|
|Main ingredients||Rice, broth|
|Similar to||Wild rice pilaf|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Red Lobster Rice Pilaf Ingredients
- 2 cups fast-cooking wild rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 cups chicken broth
Red Lobster Rice Pilaf Recipe
- In a large saute pan, heat butter over medium-high heat.
- Add carrot, red pepper, and onion; Saute vegetables until golden.
- In a large pot of water, combine the vegetables with all other ingredients, excluding rice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the wild rice into the boiling pot and cover. Allow to boil for one to two minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and allow it to stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
About Wild Rice
- The pot you use to make Red Lobster Rice Pilaf should have a lid that fits it snugly. If the lid is not tight enough, you can use a small towel to seal around the edges, being careful not to allow the towel to reach the flame.
- Don't forget to remove the bay leaf prior to serving!
- Those who like a little bit of kick can add a pinch (or more) of crushed red pepper to this recipe for some heat. In addition, other vegetables can be added to the rice, such as celery and mushrooms. These can be sauteed in the pan along with the other veggies.
- MSG can be found in the spice aisle of your grocery store. One common brand of it is Accent seasoning.
Also See: How to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, How to Make Red Lobster Fresh Tuna Club, How to Make Red Lobster Fried Soft Shell Crab, How to Make Red Lobster Grilled Baby Rack of Shrimp, How to Make Red Lobster Grilled Rock Lobster, How to Make Red Lobster Grilled Salmon With Vinaigrette and Asparagus, How to Make Red Lobster Lobster and Asparagus Penne Pasta, How to Make Red Lobster Lobster Bisque, How to Make Red Lobster Lobster Crusted Tilapia, How to Make Red Lobster Lobster Pizza, How to Make Red Lobster Lobster Shrimp and Scallop Cioppino , How to Make Red Lobster Maple Glazed Salmon and Shrimp, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion