From Copycat Recipe Guide
Red Lobster Rock Island Tilapia
At Red Lobster, patrons can order several fish dishes, including Rock Island Tilapia. This dish, made with Alfredo sauce, lobster meat, and baked tilapia fillets, is relatively simple to make and serves up to six people. Home cooks can learn how to make Red Lobster Rock Island Tilapia recipe by adhering to the restaurant’s ingredient list.
|Image Source: Red Lobster.com|
|Customer service phone||1-800-248-4931|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Crab meat, Alfredo sauce, tilapia fillets, lobster meat|
|Similar to||Tilapia with lobster meat|
Red Lobster Rock Island Tilapia Ingredients
- 8 oz. crab meat
- 2 c. cheese and garlic croutons, crushed
- 10 oz. prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. salt-free all-purpose seasoning
- 6 – 5 to 6 oz. tilapia fillets, skin removed
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 6 oz. lobster meat, chopped
- 1 can seafood bisque or cream of shrimp soup
- Seafood seasoning, to taste
Recipe courtesy of Red Lobster
Red Lobster Rock Island Tilapia Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the crab stuffing: Combine the crabmeat, crushed croutons, Alfredo sauce, lemon juice, and all-purpose seasoning in a large bowl.
- Lay the tilapia fillets on a clean surface with the dark side down. Use a chef’s knife to cut shallow pockets in the side of each fillet.
- Open the pockets gently and spoon ¾ cup of crab stuffing in each tilapia fillet. Press down on each fillet until each is about ¾-inch high.
- Press the pockets closed and brush the fillets with melted butter. Sprinkle them evenly with seafood seasoning.
- Fill a 9x13 baking dish with ¼ cup of water. Lay the stuffed fish carefully into the pan, being careful not to submerge the fillets in the water.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Test the stuffing with a cooking thermometer. When it reaches 165 degrees, it is fully cooked.
- While the fish is baking, melt 1 tbsp. butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. Place the lobster meat in the pan and sauté for a few minutes or until tender.
- Pour the soup into the pan and heat through. Stir well.
- To serve, place one tilapia fillet on each plate. Spoon the lobster sauce over the fillets.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- While the recipe suggests using prepared Alfredo sauce, Red Lobster’s chef also recommends substituting it with any prepared cream sauce such as Hollandaise or Bearnaise.
- Those that enjoy making this dish may want to learn how to make other Red Lobster tilapia entrees such as Parmesan Crusted Tilapia or Lobster Crusted Tilapia.
- Nutritionists agree that consuming fish regularly helps to maintain a healthy diet. Baked fish, such as the tilapia in this recipe, is an ideal lower-fat alternative to red meats. A white fish that has a mild, sweet taste, tilapia contains several beneficial vitamins and nutrients.