From Copycat Recipe Guide
Red Lobster Seafood Paella
At Red Lobster, the international seafood chain, guests can order a seafood-only paella dish that includes mussels, sea scallops, and shrimp. Paella is a traditional Spanish dish that offers a flavorful mixture of seafood, rice and spices. While the dish can stretch a tight budget, home cooks can learn to prepare the dish for a fraction of the cost. The dish is fairly simple to prepare and requires fresh ingredients and sufficient time for the flavors to meld properly. Opt for fresh herbs whenever possible for maximum flavor.
|Customer service phone||(800)562-7837|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Shrimp, sea scallops, mussels, yellow rice|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Red Lobster Seafood Paella Ingredients
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 to 10 medium shrimp
- 6 to 8 medium sea scallops
- 1 dozen mussels
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups prepared yellow rice
Recipe courtesy of Red Lobster
Red Lobster Seafood Paella Recipe
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. A cast-iron skillet can also be used to prepare this paella recipe.
- Use a brillo pad or a stiff grilling brush to scrub the mussels thoroughly. Rinse well.
- Clean and devein the shrimp.
- Place the cleaned shrimp, scallops, and mussels in the pot. Stir them continuously.
- After the seafood cooks for one minute, add the green peppers and diced onions. Sauté the vegetables for approximately two minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and then pour the wine slowly into the mixture. Lower the heat and let the mixture simmer until the seafood is fully cooked and the mussels have opened. This step may take up to twenty minutes.
- While the seafood and vegetables are cooking, prepare the yellow rice according to the package directions.
- Stir the cooked yellow rice into the pot gently and lower heat.
Gordon Ramsay’s Seafood Paella
Red Lobster recommends serving the finished Seafood Paella from a large dish in a family-style serving fashion. This dish goes well with toasted bread and it serves up to four people. Cooks that would like to add green vegetables may want to add a bean salad such as KFC’s Bean Salad. To make it a full-course meal, cooks can add an appetizer such as Red Lobster's Lobster Bisque or Creamy Crab Nachos. The dish also goes well with a light salad.
Also See: How to Make KFC Bean Salad, How to Make Red Lobster Batter Fried Shrimp, How to Make Red Lobster Lobster Bisque, How to Make Red Lobster Creamy Crab Nachos, How to Make Red Lobster Seared Salmon With Shellfish Pasta,How to Make a Bloomin' Onion