From Copycat Recipe Guide
Red Lobster Shrimp Alfredo
Red Lobster's shrimp Alfredo recipe combines the richness of Alfredo sauce with the mild taste of shrimp for a nice melding of flavors. The combination is generally served over a long pasta such as linguine, but can be placed over any pasta desired. The Red Lobster Shrimp Alfredo Recipe is relatively easy to prepare, but the dish requires constant attention from start to finish to ensure a smooth sauce. The Red Lobster copycat recipe can be prepared in under an hour. While frozen shrimp can be used if de-thawed, fresh shrimp are the best for this dish. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for about a week, then reheated on the stove or in a microwave.
|Customer service phone||800-562-7837|
|Served as||Appetizer or main dish|
|Main ingredients||Shrimp, pasta, Parmesan cheese|
|Similar to||Ruby Tuesday's Parmesan shrimp pasta|
Red Lobster Shrimp Alfredo Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces linguine
Red Lobster Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
- Shell and clean shrimp, then allow to dry. For best results, use fresh shrimp and de-vein.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, then drain and set aside. Start the sauce while the pasta is cooking.
- Pour oil into a skillet and heat on medium.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, then place minced garlic in skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the skillet, then cook for about 3 minutes, or until the shrimp change color.
- Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Adjust the heat on the pan to medium, then melt the butter.
- Slowly incorporate flour to the butter mixture with a spoon or whisk. Stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream or half and half to the sauce. Whisk the mixture until the sauce thickens to preferred consistency.
- Add the seasonings, white wine and Parmesan cheese, then stir to incorporate.
- Dump the shrimp back into the sauce and stir to all shrimp evenly.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and gently toss to coat and distribute shrimp.
- Serve immediately.
How to Make Red Lobster Shrimp Alfredo Video
As prepared at, the shrimp Alfredo is a mild and rich dish that is high in fat and flavor. Adding a bit of spice can be accomplished through the addition of 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. A lower-fat offering can be prepared by exchanging the heavy cream with a fat free half and half mixture. The amount of shrimp used in the dish can vary based on personal preference. The Red Lobster Shrimp Alfredo recipe is also a good choice for an appealing side dish to accompany a chicken, beef or seafood main dish.
Also See: How to Make Red Lobster Lobster Pizza, How to Make Red Lobster Creamy Crab Nachos, How to Make Red Lobster Tartar Sauce, How to Make Red Lobster Alfredo Sauce, How to Make Red Lobster Asian Garlic Grilled Salmon, How to Make Red Lobster Batter Fried Shrimp, How to Make Red Lobster South Beach Seafood Paella