From Copycat Recipe Guide
Red Lobster Wild Mushroom Soup
While most Red Lobster recipes include seafood ingredients, some items on the restaurant's menu are targeted at diners who prefer a non-seafood option. Guests who use Red Lobster coupons can taste some of the selections at a reduced rate, but learning to make recipes at home is the most economical option. Making Red Lobster's wild mushroom recipe at home is fairly simple and does not require any exotic ingredients. Made with three varieties of mushrooms, beef stock, diced vegetables, and heavy cream, this soup can be served as a side dish, an appetizer, or a main dish when served with bread. Those that want to make this dish at home can modify ingredients to match dietary restrictions or flavor preferences.
|Image Source: Red Lobster.com|
|Customer service phone||1-800-562-7837|
|Served as||Appetizer, side dish, main dish|
|Main ingredients||Portabella mushrooms, shitake mushrooms, button mushrooms, heavy cream|
|Similar to||Mushroom soup|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Red Lobster Wild Mushroom Soup Ingredients
- 6 ounces portabella mushrooms
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. cooking sherry
- 2 quarts water
- 2 tbsp. beef-stock base
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
Recipe courtesy of Red Lobster
Red Lobster Wild Mushroom Soup Recipe
- Make a beef stock by combining two quarts of water and the two tablespoons of beef stock base in a saucepot. Simmer until the stock base dissolves. Remove stock from heat and cool it to room temperature. Place in the refrigerator. A premade, high-quality beef stock can be substituted for beef stock base-created stock.
- Clean mushrooms thoroughly by washing them in lukewarm water in a deep bowl. Loosen the dirt by mixing them together. Use your hands to take them out of the water.
- De-stem the shiitake mushrooms. Slice all of the mushrooms into 1/4- inch thick rounds. Separate the button mushroom slices.
- Place an empty 6 to 8 quart stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add melted butter to the heated pot.
- Place button mushrooms and yellow onions into the pot, then cook for a few minutes until mushrooms are cooked.
- Add the cooking sherry.
- Simmer for 3 minutes more.
- Lower the heat and add flour.
- Use a cooking spoon to mix well and then cook 2 minutes more.
- Pour half of the cold beef stock into the pot and stir to thicken the mixture.
- Add the rest of the cold beef stock to the stockpot.
- Place the thyme, bay leaves, salt, and black pepper into the mixture.
- Simmer soup for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the heavy cream and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Tyler Florence’s Wild Mushroom Soup
According to Red Lobster’s chef, cooks must make sure that the beef stock is chilled before adding it to the stockpot. If the stock is still hot when it’s added to the roux, the soup will turn out lumpy. For serving, Red Lobster recommends serving this dish with a creamy-flavored soft drink such as Vanilla Coke. For a spicier version of the soup, increase the amount of black pepper used and add some Cayenne pepper.
Also See: How to Make Red Lobster Shrimp Gumbo, How to Make Red Lobster Lobster Bisque, How to Make Red Lobster Shrimp and Noodle, How to Make Red Lobster Rock Island Tilapia, How to Make Red Lobster Rock Shrimp Creole, How to Make Red Lobster Salmon With Cioppino Topping, How to Make Red Lobster Salmon With Lobster Mashed Potatoes