From Copycat Recipe Guide
Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles Fried Chicken
Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffle's fried chicken recipe combines breakfast and lunch into a single sweet-and-savory dish. The legendary Los Angeles eatery was one of the first to offer chicken and waffles. Roscoes serves chicken and waffles as late (or early) as four in the morning at some locations, making the restaurant a post-nightclub destination. Keep in mind that you will need a waffle maker to complete the recipe, though you have the option of using frozen waffles to simplify the dish.
|Customer service phone||562-437-8355|
|Served as||Main dish, appetizer|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, eggs, flour|
|Similar to||Fried chicken with waffles|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles Fried Chicken Ingredients
- Peanut oil for deep frying
- 2 pounds chicken pieces
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons Lawry's seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana chicken wing seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup
- Whipped butter to top
Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles Fried Chicken Recipe
- Heat a waffle iron.
- Heat the oil in a large pot to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour and spices together in a large plastic zip-lock baggie.
- Rinse the chicken in cold water, and shake off excess water.
- Place the chicken in the baggie and shake to coat evenly with the flour mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.
- Fry until middle is no longer pink, and outside is golden brown.
- Mix the Bisquick, milk, butter and egg until just blended.
- Pour onto greased waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Top the waffles with whipped butter.
- Serve the chicken and the waffles on the same plate, along with a ramekin full of maple syrup.
Homemade Waffle Recipe
- If you like your chicken extra spicy, sprinkle some cayenne pepper powder in with the flour and spice mixture.
- Classic sides you'll find at Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles include mashed potatoes and corn.
- For a twist, try topping the waffles with powdered sugar and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice instead of maple syrup.
Also See: How to Make Central Michel Richard Fried Chicken, How to Make Harold's Chicken Shack Fried Chicken, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Chicken Critters, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles, How to Make KFC Buttermilk Biscuits