From Copycat Recipe Guide
Ruby Tuesday Potato Cheese Soup
Ruby Tuesday’s Potato Cheese Soup recipe consists of russet potatoes that are cooked in a cream based sauce and topped with shredded cheese and bacon. Similar to baked potato soup, this dish can be served as both an appetizer and a main dish, depending on how large you make the servings. If you enjoy this dish, you might like to serve it along with homemade breadsticks and salad.
|Customer service phone||(888)359-7657|
|Served as||Appetizer; Soup|
|Main ingredients||Russet potatoes, chicken stock, cheddar cheese|
|Similar to||Baked potato soup|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Ruby Tuesday Potato Cheese Soup Ingredients
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp celery, finely diced
- 1 tbsp onion, finely diced
- 1/2 small carrot, finely diced
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 oz shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 lb sliced bacon, cut into strips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Ruby Tuesday Potato Cheese Soup Recipe
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small dice. Mix the vegetables with the chicken stock, salt, and vinegar in a pot over a medium flame.
- Increase the heat to boil the mixture, then reduce the heat to simmer, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Whisk the flour and milk together in a bowl and take the saucepan off the heat. Pour the milk slowly into the pan.
- Thicken the soup by reheating it on low for five minutes.
- Add the shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- Divide the soup into four bowls and then top each serving with the cooked bacon.
Creamy Potato Soup Recipe Tutorial
- For a creamier texture, pour half of the soup into a blender and puree until smooth. Pour the soup back into the pot and heat for a few minutes until combined.
- Serve the soup with fresh parsley for garnish.
- You can use shredded Swiss cheese instead of cheddar in this recipe if you prefer.