From Copycat Recipe Guide
Saltgrass Steak House Baked Potato Soup
Located throughout Texas, with restaurants also in Colorado, Louisiana, Nevada, and Oklahoma, Saltgrass Steak House serves award-winning Certified Angus Beef steaks. And what better accompaniment to a perfectly marbled, juicy steak than the signature Saltgrass Steak House Baked Potato Soup recipe? Saltgrass Steak House makes their soup from scratch, every day. Using this recipe, you can too.
Steeped in history, Saltgrass Steak House is named for a nineteenth century Texas legend when the Longhorns roamed free. Ranchers would drive the cattle to the Texas Gulf Coast in the winter to graze on the salt grass along the coast, and then take them to market via the famous Salt Grass Trail. The original Saltgrass Steak House restaurant sits along this famous trail. 
|Flickr Error ( SSL is required ): PhotoID 918470875|
|Customer service phone||Varies by location, go to the website for a complete list|
|Served as||Soup, appetizer|
|Main ingredients||Baked potatoes, chicken broth, whipping cream|
|Similar to||Potato soup|
Saltgrass Steak House Baked Potato Soup Ingredients
- 4-6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream (12 oz.)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Saltgrass Steak House Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- Cook bacon in a large pot until it is brown and crunchy.
- Add the celery, onion, carrots, green onion and seasonings: salt, black pepper, white pepper, and garlic. Saute until the vegetables are translucent.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 5-8 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually add the chicken broth and whipping cream and bring to a boil; lower the heat and stir for 2 minutes.
- Puree the mixture with a hand blender, leaving some small chunks of potato for texture. If you do not have a hand blender, use a standing blender and then return pureed soup to the pot.
- Whisk in cheddar cheese until it is melted.
- Serve while hot.
How to Make Saltgrass Steak House Baked Potato Soup
This recipe serves four and can easily be doubled. One useful technique mentioned by Ric Rosser in the video above is to freeze the bacon for 5-10 minutes before dicing it. This allows the bacon to be more firm when cut, eliminating some of the stringiness that can occur while chopping.
Also See: How to Make Beaumont Hotel Roasted Tomato Bisque, How to Make Red Lobster Lobster Bisque, How to Make Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana, How to Make Sweet Tomatoes Pumpkin Soup, How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks, How to Make Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread