From Copycat Recipe Guide
Sonny's Bar-B-Q Coleslaw
Sonny's Bar-B-Q coleslaw is a "sidekick" that accompanies BBQ entrees at the restaurant. This Sonny's Bar-B-Q coleslaw recipe yields a very similar dish. Sonny's advertises that they make their coleslaw fresh, and this classic American-style slaw is easy to replicate in the home kitchen. Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q was established in 1968 in the city of Gainesville, Florida. Floyd "Sonny" Tillman and his wife Lucille created the casual dining eatery, which serves Southern-style barbecue fare, along with a salad bar and a variety of other side dishes. Today, the Sonny's empire spans over nine states. Sonny's also has its own beer, called Sonny's Red Ale.
|Offered by||Sonny's Bar-B-Q|
|Customer service phone||407-660-8888|
|Served as||Side dish|
|Main ingredients||Cabbage, carrots, mayonnaise, vinegar|
|Similar to||American-style cole slaw|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Sonny's Bar-B-Q Coleslaw Ingredients
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 2 green onions
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Sonny's Bar-B-Q Coleslaw Recipe
- Slice the cabbage into thin ribbons until you have four cups, loosely packed.
- Shred the carrot using a cheese grater or food processor.
- Slice the green onions into thin slices.
- Toss the vegetables in a large bowl until evenly distributed.
- Mix the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, celery seed, salt and black pepper in a small bowl, using a fork or a whisk to blend until smooth.
- Add the dressing to the vegetables, and toss until evenly coated.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
How to Slice Cabbage for Coleslaw
- For a spicy coleslaw, add a dash or two of hot sauce, such as Tabasco sauce.
- For a refreshing summertime twist, add slivered green apples to the cole slaw.
- For a low-fat version, use fat-free or reduced-fat mayonnaise.
- For a vegan slaw, use a soy mayonnaise instead of the traditional egg-based kind.
- If you don't have any apple cider vinegar on hand, you may substitute white vinegar or rice vinegar.
Also See:How to Make KFC Coleslaw, How to Make KFC Buttermilk Biscuits, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Catfish, How to Make KFC Bean Salad, How to Make Olive Garden Salad Dressing, How to Make Olive Garden Salad