From Copycat Recipe Guide
Spring Creek Barbecue Sauce
The official Spring Creek barbecue sauce recipe may be a secret, but you can make one that tastes very similar by following the instructions here. Spring Creek cooks use the company's Original Sauce to top barbecue dishes at their restaurant locations. The sauce is also available for sale by the bottle at all of their eateries.
Spring Creek Barbecue claims to offer "The Great Taste of Texas," and operates multiple locations throughout the areas of Dallas/Fort Worth, East Texas, and Houston. Spring Creek has been around for more than 30 years, and specializes in ribs, turkey, ham, sausage, chicken and beef. They also serve side dishes like okra, French fries, and baked potatoes. The barbecue sauce at Spring Creek is not particularly spicy, but has a noticeable sweet note, a vibrant red color, and visible seasonings.
|Offered by||Spring Creek Barbecue|
|Customer service phone||888-467-0505|
|Main ingredients||Ketchup, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, herbs and spices|
|Similar to||Barbecue sauce|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Spring Creek Barbecue Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 an onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Spring Creek Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- Chop the onion and the garlic cloves into small pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Puree sauce until smooth.
- Transfer the sauce to a medium saucepan
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Then reduce heat and simmer for 30-60 minutes, until the sauce reaches the desired thickness.
- The sauce will stay good in the refrigerator for about three weeks.
Jalapeno Barbecue Sauce
- For vegetarian sauce, substitute vegetable stock or beer for the beef stock.
- For a spicier barbecue sauce, add a dash of Tabasco sauce or chili powder.
- For Cajun-style barbecue sauce, add a dash or two of a Cajun seasoning blend like Zatarain's.
- If the sauce ends up too thick, slowly add water to thin it out again.
Also See: How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rib Seasoning, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Barbecue Sauce, How to Make Zaxby's Sauce, How to Make Genghis Grill Mongo BBQ, How to Make Sonny's Bar-B-Q Coleslaw, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion