From Copycat Recipe Guide
Starbucks Chai Tea
If you like the taste of Starbucks Chai Tea, you might be surprised to learn you can prepare this drink at home in just a few minutes. The Starbucks Chai Tea recipe includes several exotic spices, including cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon, that are steeped in hot water and combined honey. Try serving this drink hot along with freshly baked Cranberry Bliss Bars.
|Customer service phone||(800)782-7282|
|Main ingredients||Black tea, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, water|
|Similar to||Chai tea|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Starbucks Chai Tea Ingredients
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 6 to 8 black or decaf black tea bags
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cups water
Starbucks Chai Tea Recipe
- Combine all of the spices in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pour the water into a large pot and heat until boiling. Add the spices, the honey, and the tea bags and reboil.
- After the mixture boils again, take the pot off the heat and cover it. Let the mixture sit for at least three to five minutes. Uncover the pot and throw away the tea bags.
- Place a fine strainer over the pitcher in which you plan to store the tea. Pour the tea through the strainer into the pitcher.
- Refrigerate the tea if you’d like to serve it cold. If you prefer to serve it hot, leave it out and serve immediately.
Commercial for Starbucks Coffee
- This recipe makes enough tea for three servings, but you’ll have to make the entire mix from scratch each time you want to enjoy the tea.
- If you’d like to have ready-made chai tea concentrate, make a larger batch of the spice mix by combining 4 tsp of ground ginger, 4 tsp of cinnamon, 4 tsp of ground fennel, 2 tsp of black pepper, 2 tsp of cardamom, 2 tsp of coriander, and 1 tsp of ground cloves. Mix this with ¼ cup of loose black tea, ¾ cup blue agave, 2 tbsp molasses, 4 tsp of vanilla extract, and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Heat the spices first then add 4 cups of water and boil. Cover for 10 minutes, then strain the tea. Add in the agave, lemon juice, and molasses and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make this into a Chai Tea Latte, simply add 3 cups of milk during the preparation and serve hot. You can also refrigerate the mixture and serve it cold as a Iced Chai Tea Latte.
Also See: How to Make a Starbucks Chai Tea Latte, How to Make Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars, How to Make a Starbucks Iced Vanilla Latte, How to Make a Starbucks Vanilla Latte, How to Make a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte