From Copycat Recipe Guide
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Syrup
The Starbucks pumpkin spice latte appears at the beginning of September, and when the snow begins to pile up, it's gone. Since fans of the special spiced coffee beverage are limited to when they can purchase it as their local coffee shop, it is a wise decision to learn how to make Starbucks pumpkin spice syrup recipe in order to enjoy the beverage year-round.
This pumpkin spice syrup recipe makes 3 cups of sauce.
Source: drewgstephens (Drew Stephens)
|Customer service phone||800-Starbuc (800-782-7282)|
|Served as||Beverage ingredient|
|Main ingredients||Sugar, water, pumpkin, spices|
|Similar to||Vanilla syrup|
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Syrup Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups superfine sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Syrup Recipe
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the spices and the pumpkin and continue to simmer for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and strain the syrup through cheesecloth or a tea towel. Don't use a coffee filter or paper towel. If you don't have a tea towel try straining it twice through a fine mesh strainer.  
- Allow the syrup to cool, then refrigerate the syrup in a tightly closed jar for up to a month. 
How to Make a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Video
Starbucks uses their own proprietary blend of syrup. The Starbucks syrup, which is marketed under the Fontana brand, and used by both Starbucks and their subsidiary, Seattle's Best Coffee, is actually called Pumpkin Spice Sauce. The difference between sauce and syrup is probably due to the presence of actual pumpkin in the Fontana sauce. Many commercial pumpkin spice syrups, such as that made by Torani, just contain simple syrup that is flavored with pumpkin pie spices, so you don't get the full pumpkin flavor if you use them to make your pumpkin spice latte.
The Starbucks Pumpkin Spice syrup can be used in a variety of beverages and recipes such as the following:
- The classic pumpkin spice latte is a perfect choice for the using the syrup.
- Pumpkin spice tea crafted with green or black tea is coffee alternative.
- For a quick and easy treat, pour the syrup over pound cake or angel food cake, or even cheesecake.
- You can even use the syrup and the rest of the pumpkin purée to make a light pumpkin spice sorbet or ice cream to have for dessert after that huge Thanksgiving dinner. 
- To make a pumpkin martini, combine 1 ounce of the pumpkin spice syrup, 2 ounces vanilla vodka, 1 ounce Sylk cream liqueur, and shake with ice until chilled. Strain and serve in a martini glass rimmed by dipping in more pumpkin spice syrup, and coated with cinnamon sugar.
Also See: How to Make a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, How to Make Starbucks Vanilla Syrup, How to Make a Starbucks Vanilla Latte, How to Make a Starbucks Iced Vanilla Latte, How to Make a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato, How to Make a Starbucks Frappuccino, How to Make an Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato, How to Make a Starbucks Chai Tea Latte, Free Starbucks Coupons