From Copycat Recipe Guide
Steak 'n Shake Frisco Melts
Steak and Shake has based its business on selling classic diner-style steakburgers and melts, including the Frisco Melt. The Steak and Shake Frisco Melt recipe consists of two thin beef patties, separated by melted cheese, topped with special sauce, and served on toasted sourdough bread. If you enjoy making this sandwich, try serving it along with a copycat version of Steak and Shake’s milkshake.
|Customer service phone||(877)785-6745|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Ground beef, sourdough bread, sliced cheese|
|Similar to||Applebee’s Classic Patty Melt|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Steak and Shake Frisco Melt Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon liquid margarine
- Dash of garlic powder
- Dash of onion powder
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
Steak and Shake Frisco Melt Recipe
- Make the special sauce by mixing the Thousand Island salad dressing and the ketchup together. Set aside.
- Divide the ground beef into eight thin round patties. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Place up to four patties in the skillet at a time and cook until brown on both sides. Repeat until all patties are cooked.
- Use a toaster to toast the bread slices.
- Remove the cooked patties from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Pour the extra fat out of the pan and add the liquid margarine.
- Lay four of the toasted bread slices in the skillet and brown for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining bread.
- Make the sandwiches by laying four of the bread slices face up. On top of each slice, add one slice of Swiss cheese, one beef patty, one slice of American cheese, a second beef patty, and 1/4 of the Thousand Island dressing and ketchup mixture . Close the sandwich by placing another slice of bread on top.
- Serve the sandwiches on four separate plates.
Low Calorie Frisco Melt Recipe
- To recreate the entire Steak and Shake meal, serve the sandwich along with an order of potato wedges or cheese fries.
- For additional flavor and texture, add crispy bacon to the sandwich before closing it.
- You can replace the Swiss cheese with Muenster cheese if you like.
- Make a deluxe sandwich by serving the Frisco Melts open-faced with lettuce and tomato on the side.