From Copycat Recipe Guide
Steak 'n Shake Fry 'n Steakburger Seasoning
Steak ‘n Shake has a secret ingredient - its signature Steak 'n Shake Fry 'n Steakburger Seasoning recipe. This seasoned salt is ideal for use in burgers and on steaks and sandwiches like Steak and Shake Frisco Melts. It can also be used to add restaurant flavor to other meats such as poultry, pork, and lamb. This recipe can be doubled and kept refrigerated in an airtight container for future use.
|Customer service phone||877-785-6745|
|Served as||Seasoning for steaks and burgers|
|Main ingredients||Salt, pepper, sugar|
|Similar to||Texas Roadhouse steak seasoning|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Steak ‘n Shake Seasoning Ingredients
These spices are all commonly available, and the quantities can be adjusted to your taste. Although the restaurant uses ground pepper and table salt, you can use sea salt and freshly ground black pepper for a more flavorful mixture, if you like.
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon soybean oil
Steak ‘n Shake Seasoning Recipe
If you have a mortar and pestle, you can use that for a more finely ground seasoning mix, but a small mixing bowl and spoon is really all you need for this recipe.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Add the sugar, paprika, turmeric, and soybean oil.
- Stir the mixture gently until all seasonings are thoroughly mixed.
How to Make Seasoning Salt Video
- Mix 2 1/2 teaspoons of the seasoning with a pound of ground beef before forming hamburgers.
- Use 1 1/2 teaspoons of seasoning for a pound of potatoes, or more to taste. If you are baking French fries, toss the potatoes with the seasoning mixture before cooking. If you are frying the potatoes, cook them first, then drain and toss with the seasoning mix.
- Add a tablespoon of the seasoning to perk up a cup of barbecue sauce before basting it on grilled meats.
Also See: How to Make Montreal Steak Seasoning, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Country Fried Steak, How to Make Steak and Shake Frisco Melts, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rib Seasoning