From Copycat Recipe Guide
Subway Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Subway restaurants offers a variety of sandwiches that draw a large lunch and dinner crowd. Knowing that most people like a taste of something sweet for dessert, the restaurant offers Otis Spunkmeyer's cookies on their menu. Otis Spunkmeyer does not sell its cookie dough directly to consumers, however, with this copycat Subway Double Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, you can make the cookies in your own kitchen.
Serves: Makes 60 cookies, serving size is 1 cookie.
Start to finish: 40 minutes (Active time: 22 minutes)
|Flickr: neil conway|
|Customer service phone||203-878-2791|
|Served as||Dessert, snack|
|Main ingredients||Flour, sugar, chocolate chips|
|Similar to||Otis Spunkmeyer's Double Chocolate Chip Cookies|
Subway Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup tightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of enriched flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
Subway Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream together the sugars, vanilla extract, and margarine.
- Add the eggs into the mixture, one at a time; beat well after each added egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually incorporate the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, 1/2 cup at a time, while beating the mixture.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips to the dough and mix until they are well-combined.
- Refrigerate the dough for one hour in a covered bowl.
- Shape the cookies by rolling one tablespoon of chilled dough between your hands to form a ball.
- Place the dough onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper and press down gently to flatten the cookie.
- Put the cookie sheet into the freezer until the cookies are solid. The frozen cookies can be baked immediately, or stored in an airtight container for up to a year.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, until they just begin to brown and the centers are soft and chewy.
Recipe from CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Subway Cookie Video
- These cookies require a freezing time once the cookie is shaped. This allows the cookies to hold their form and not spread during baking. If you are in a hurry, you can bake the cookies directly without freezing, just be sure to place the cookies far apart on the cookie sheet as they may spread slightly more than chilled dough.
- This recipe creates a versatile chocolate cookie base. You can tailor your cookies to suit your taste by adding chopped nuts to the dough, or substituting peanut butter or butterscotch chips for the chocolate chips. Try using mint chocolate chips during the holiday season for a festive cookie.
Also See: How to Make Subway Chocolate Chip Cookies, How to Make Subway Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies, How to Make Subway White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies, How to Make Subway Oatmeal Raisin Cookies