From Copycat Recipe Guide
Subway has traditionally offered sandwiches on grinder or hoagie rolls; they introduced flatbread sandwiches in 2008. Now you can create a similar taste in your own home with this copycat Subway Flatbread recipe. Many people might be intimidated and hesitant to try to bake homemade bread, but this recipe is simple enough for all skill levels, even beginners.
Creative Commons image by kentgoldman
|Customer service phone||203-878-2791|
|Served as||Sandwich, bread|
|Main ingredients||Flour, yeast|
|Similar to||Pita bread|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Subway Flatbread Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cups butter
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
Subway Flatbread Recipe
- Add the water, yeast, and sugar to a bowl. Allow it to sit until it becomes frothy.
- Add milk and salt.
- Stir in half of the flour so that the mixture becomes creamy.
- Add more flour, enough for the mixture to create a soft dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for three to five minutes.
- Allow the dough to rest for about five minutes.
- Divide the dough into six to eight pieces.
- Flatten each piece of dough with your hands and then use a floured rolling pin to roll out each piece. You want the dough to be about 1/4-inch thick.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat.
- Turn the heat down to low and melt 1/4 cup of butter. Brush the melted butter over the dough.
- Lay the dough facedown in the grill pan and cook for about two to three minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip over and repeat.
Subway Flatbread Video
- If you want to give the flatbread some extra flavor, throw in a dash of onion salt and a dash of garlic salt.
- Be as authentic as possible by making one of your favorite Subway sandwiches. For example, you could make Subway's Italian BMT by piling your flatbread with salami, ham, and spicy pepperoni.