From Copycat Recipe Guide
Subway Italian Herbs and Cheese Bread
Subway's sandwiches are served on a variety of different breads. Many of the variations, such as this Subway Italian Herbs and Cheese Bread recipe, are based on their basic white Italian bread. While the bread can be matched with any Subway filling, many customers rely on the Italian Herbs and Cheese bread for their Italian BMT or Meatball Marinara. While there are over 36,000 Subway restaurants located throughout the world, it’s not always convenient to get to one when you’ve got a craving for a sandwich. If your craving is specific for their Italian Herbs and Cheese bread, you can use the copycat recipe to indulge at home.
|Customer service phone||203-878-2791|
|Served as||Sandwich, bread|
|Main ingredients||Flour, yeast|
|Similar to||Subway Bread|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Subway Italian Herbs and Cheese Bread Ingredients
- 1 recipe Subway Italian Bread, formed into loaves, but not baked.
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- Sunflower oil
- 1/4 c. bread crumbs
Subway Italian Herbs and Cheese Bread Recipe
- Prepare the dough as directed to make 8 loaves of Subway's Italian bread. Mix the dough, knead it, allow it to rises, and form the loaves.
- Mix the cheeses, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, and bread crumbs in a bowl. Add sunflower oil to mixture to moisten.
- Slice each loaf, 1/8-inch deep, down the center with a serrated knife and press the cheese mixture on top of the loaves.
- Cover the loaves and let them rise for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the rolls for 25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Do not overcook, as that will toughen the crust. 
- Let the bread cool until room temperature.
- Brush the bread with melted butter.
How to Make Subway Bread using a "No Knead" Method
- Subway uses a combination of Monterey Jack, cheddar cheese, and parmesan cheese in the topping for their Subway Italian Herbs and Cheese Bread. Experiment by using your own favorite cheeses, Asiago cheese would be a tasty complement to the Italian herbs, as would Pecorino-Romano.
- If you do not have sunflower oil on hand, you can substitute soybean oil, vegetable oil, or olive oil as the binding agent for the cheese topping.
- This recipe can be made using a bread machine, simply add all of the ingredients for the bread to your bread machine and cook on a light setting. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions about adding toppings before the final bake cycle.
- This recipe makes eight individual rolls, but can be adapted to make two or three larger loaves of bread. Adjust the cook time accordingly to account for the larger size.
Also See: How to Make Subway Bread, How to Make Subway Flatbread, How to Make Carrabba's Mamma's Bread, How to Make Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread, How to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, How to Make Cracker Barrel Biscuits, How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks