From Copycat Recipe Guide
Subway Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
If you're a fan of the big, chewy oatmeal raisin cookies that they serve at Subway restaurants, you'll love this Subway Oatmeal Raisin Cookies recipe, which allows you to make very similar sweet treats in your very own kitchen. The recipe is simple, and most of the ingredients are commonly found in home pantries. The restaurant serves these as an accompaniment to their sub sandwiches, salads and flatbread sandwiches across the country.
|Creative Commons image by Vincent Desjardins|
|Customer service phone||203-877-4281|
|Main ingredients||Flour, sugar, oatmeal, raiains|
|Similar to||Oatmeal raisin cookies|
Subway Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Subway Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, milk, sugar, eggs and vanilla. It is easiest to use an electric mixer for this; however, if you don't have one you may mix manually until the mixture is smooth.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking soda. Then mix in the salt, ground cinnamon and ground cloves.
- Add the flour and spice mixture to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the oats, raisins and shredded coconut.
- Use a spoon to drop the cookies onto an ungreased cookie baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies in batches for around ten to 12 minutes, until the outsides are golden brown.
Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
The spice level of Subway Oatmeal Raisin Cookies is easily adjustable to suit your tastes. For a spicier cookie, just use more cinnamon or more cloves. You may also add a dash of nutmeg or allspice for some variation. For a less traditional twist, try using dried cranberries instead of raisins.