From Copycat Recipe Guide
Subway Roasted Garlic Bread
The current Subway menu includes “Fresh Fit” choices that help diners to be mindful of their caloric intake yet still maintain flavor and satisfaction. Using this Subway Roasted Onion Bread recipe you can make your own Fresh Fit sandwich combinations at home.
In March of 1998, Jared Fogle began a self-prescribed weight loss regimen that included eating two Subway sandwiches per day. By June, he had lost 245 pounds. He soon became the spokesperson for Subway restaurants and has been inspiring others to eat healthy ever since.
|Customer service phone||203-878-2791|
|Served as||Sandwich, bread|
|Main ingredients||Flour, yeast, garlic|
|Similar to||Subway Parmesan Oregano Bread|
Subway Roasted Garlic Bread Ingredients
- 1 recipe Subway Italian Bread, make the loaves but do not bake them.
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. dehydrated garlic
- 3 tbsp. minced green bell pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- Soybean oil
Subway Roasted Garlic Bread Recipe
- Use Subway's Italian bread recipe to make the dough. Follow the steps from mixing the dough through shaping the loaves.
- Mix the dehydrated garlic, green bell pepper, paprika, onion powder, and sugar in a bowl. Add soybean oil to mixture to moisten.
- Slice each loaf about 1/8-inch deep down the center with a serrated knife. Then press the cheese mixture on top of the loaves.
- Cover the loaves with a towel. They will need to rise for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a shallow pan with about 1 cup of hot water on the bottom shelf of the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until you see the top of the loaves turn golden brown.
- Let the bread cool until they reach room temperature.
- Brush the bread with melted butter.
How to Make Garlic Butter for Subway Roasted Garlic Bread
- If you do not have soybean oil on hand, olive oil, sunflower oil, or vegetable oil can be used to bind together the garlic topping.
- For an extra garlicky flavor, add cloves of roasted garlic to the dough while you are kneading.
- This recipe will make two larger loaves of bread or eight individual rolls. SImply adjust the cook time accordingly.
- To avoid kneading the bread, use a bread machine to make this recipe, add all of the ingredients for the bread in the machine and cook on a light setting. Add the garlic topping according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Also See: How to Make Subway Bread, How to Make Subway Parmesan Oregano Bread, How to Make Subway Italian Herbs and Cheese Bread, How to Make Subway Flatbread, How to Make Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread, How to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, How to Make Cracker Barrel Biscuits, How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks