From Copycat Recipe Guide
Subway Tuna Salad
For those of you that favor the tuna sub, you can now create the delicious concoction at home with this Subway Tuna Salad recipe. The copycat recipe is extremely easy to complete, and there are limitless ways for you to put your own spin on the classic tuna salad recipe. Subway started out as Pete's Subway in 1965, with the first restaurant located in Connecticut. Now, there are over 34,000 Subway locations throughout the world.
Start to finish: 5 minute)
|Flickr: Vincent Desjardins|
|Customer service phone||203-878-2791|
|Served as||Main dish, sandwich|
|Main ingredients||Tuna, mayonnaise|
|Similar to||Chicken salad|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Subway Tuna Salad Ingredients
- 12 ounces light chunk tuna in water
- 1/4 cup of regular mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sub rolls
Subway Tuna Salad Recipe
- Drain the tuna so that there is no excess liquid.
- Remove tuna from cans and place in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Use a fork to break up the chunks of tuna into smaller flakes.
- Combine mayonnaise, water, and salt.
- Mix tuna salad with mayonnaise mixture.
- Heap large scoops of tuna salad onto the sub rolls.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate any remaining tuna salad.
Subway Tuna Salad Commercial
- If you want to give your Subway Tuna Salad a fresher taste, ditch the canned tuna fish and visit your local source for seafood for some fresh tuna.
- To make it really easy to get the tuna onto your sandwich, use an ice cream scoop.
- Experiment with adding other ingredients to your tuna such as thousand island dressing, vegetable oil, dill relish, and more. You can also give your tuna salad a veggie kick by adding some red peppers, cucumbers, or jalapenos to your salad.
- For an option that's lower in carbohydrates, serve your tuna salad on a bed of lettuce.
- Substitute light mayonnaise to cut back on some unwanted calories.
- Serve your Subway Tuna Salad on crackers with a sprig of parsley for an easy appetizer.
- Spice up the tuna salad by doubling the black pepper and adding Cayenne pepper.
Also See: How to Make Red Lobster Fresh Tuna Club, How to Make Red Lobster Broiled Dill Salmon, How to Make Red Lobster Fish in a Bag, How to Make Red Lobster Maryland Crab Cakes, How to Make KFC Bean Salad