From Copycat Recipe Guide
T.G.I. Friday's Appletini
Those who are interested in serving an unusual cocktail at home can learn how to make T.G.I. Friday’s Appletini recipe easily using just a few ingredients. While any alcoholic ingredients can be used to make this drink, using higher quality ingredients will improve the flavor and consistency of the drink. After they master the recipe for the Appletini, home bartenders may want to improve their drink mixing skills by learning how to make T.G.I. Friday’s Bloody Mary, T.G.I. Friday’s Ultimate Margarita, or T.G.I. Friday’s Cosmpolitan.
At T.G.I. Friday’s restaurants, patrons can enjoy a wide range of mixed drinks available on the chain's bar menu. One specialty highlighted at the chain restaurant is the T.G.I. Friday's Appletini. Composed of vodka, sour apple schnapps, and sweet & sour drink mix, this alcoholic beverage offers a slightly sweet drink with a strong overtone of Granny Smith apples. While traditional appletinis may include apple juice, apple cider, or apple brandy, T.G.I. Friday’s version offers a unique sour apple flavor that sets it apart from other variations.
Start to finish: 5 minutes (Active time: 5 minutes)
|Customer service phone||1-800-FRIDAYS|
|Main ingredients||Vodka, sour apple liqueur|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
T.G.I. Friday’s Appletini Ingredients
- 1 ounce Smirnoff Vodka
- 1 ounce DeKuyper Sour Apple Pucker schnapps
- 1/2 ounce Sweet & Sour drink mix
- Crushed ice
- 1 whole cherry
Recipe adapted from recipe originally posted by T.G.I. Friday's
T.G.I. Friday’s Appletini Recipe
- Pour 1 ounce of Smirnoff Vodka into a martini shaker with a strainer.
- Add 1 ounce DeKuyper Sour Apple Pucker schnapps and 1/2 ounce of a Sweet & Sour mix.
- Place crushed ice into the shaker.
- Screw the lid on tightly and shake the mixture approximately twenty times to combine the drink and add some ice chips.
- Strain the drink into a serving glass.
- Drop a whole cherry into the drink, then serve immediately.
Appletini Cocktail Drink Recipe
- In the original restaurant recipe, T.G.I. Friday’s recommended serving the Appletini in a chilled martini glass. To chill the martini glasses, place them in the freezer for a few hours. Cooks who are short on time can chill glasses quickly by filling them with ice cubes and water and letting them sit for one full minute.
- Even though the recipe above suggests alcoholic brands such as Smirnoffs and DeKuypers, cooks can substitute these brands with others they prefer or can find more easily. The Sweet & Sour mix called for in the recipe consists of lemon, lime, and a sugar/water mixture called Simple Syrup. Any Sweet & Sour mix brand is acceptable for this drink, but cooks can also prepare their own homemade mix.
- Try garnishing the finished appletini with an apple slice for a slightly different taste. You can also add a dash of green food coloring to the finished drink with a toothpick.
Also See: How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Bloody Mary, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Ultimate Margarita, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Cosmopolitan, How to Make Bartender Sour Mix, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Cafe Toledo