From Copycat Recipe Guide
T.G.I. Friday's Bloody Mary
Recreating the T.G.I. Friday's Bloody Mary recipe is not difficult and can be enhanced by using high quality ingredients. Adding a well-loved mixed drink to a home bar repertoire can make parties and entertaining easier. The drink requires fairly basic ingredients that can be stored in most home bars and kitchens, or purchased at any grocery store or beverage store. The Bloody Mary is a classic cocktail made with tomato juice, vodka, and hot sauce. At T.G.I. Friday’s, the drink is prepared using a pre-made Bloody Mary drink mix.
Recipes for homemade Bloody Mary mix vary, but the usual ingredients include tomato juice, hot sauce, lemon juice, and salt. Friday’s does not disclose the specific brand of Bloody Mary mix their bartenders use in the restaurant’s cocktail, so any commercial Bloody Mary mix should be appropriate for this drink. Other T.G.I. Friday’s cocktails may make good drinks for dinner parties, including Long Island Iced Tea, Ultimate Margarita and Ultimate Electric Lemonade.
Start to finish: 5 minutes (Active time: 5 minutes)
|Customer service phone||1-800-FRIDAYS|
|Main ingredients||Tomato juice, vodka|
|Similar to||Bloody Mary|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
T.G.I. Friday’s Bloody Mary Ingredients
- 1 ½ ounces Smirnoff vodka
- 4 ½ ounces Bloody Mary mix
- A bit of margarita salt for the glass rim
- One celery stalk
- One whole lime
Recipe adapted from the recipe originally posted by T.G.I. Friday's
T.G.I. Friday’s Bloody Mary Recipe
- Wet the rim of the serving glass with water by dipping a finger in water,, then running it around the rim.
- Dip the glass rim in some margarita salt to coat it evenly.
- Pour 1 1/2 ounces of Smirnoff vodka into the salt-covered serving glass.
- Add 4 1/2 ounces of Bloody Mary mix.
- Cut a lime in half crosswise and set one half aside.
- Squeeze the other lime half directly into the drink.
- Stir the ingredients together to combine.
- Garnish the drink with the celery stick.
- Serve with a straw.
How to Make a Bloody Mary
- While T.G.I. Friday’s originally recommended serving this cocktail in a Collins glass, home bartenders can use any serving glasses they have on hand. As described, this recipe is enough for one Bloody Mary. Those who want to prepare multiple drinks should increase the recipe ingredients as needed.
- For large quantities, consider using a blender on a low or pulse setting to combine. If desired, cooks can slice the other lime half into wedges and place one wedge in each drink along with the celery stick. If limes are unavailable, a powdered or liquid lime juice can be substituted.
- The drink can be prepared with or without vodka as desired. If you prefer a virgin Bloody Mary, simply omit the vodka.
Homemade Bloody Mary Recipe
If you prefer to make a Bloody Mary from scratch, you can skip the pre-made Bloody Mary mix and use tomato juice, spices, and grated onion. A typical homemade Bloody Mary includes tomato juice that has been seasoned with hot sauce, grated onion, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, and kosher salt. Once you get the mixture seasoned to your taste, add vodka and a celery stalk and proceed as above.
Also See: How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Appletini, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Cafe Toledo, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Ultimate Long Island Iced Tea, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Ultimate Margarita, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Ultimate Electric Lemonade, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Ultimate Strawberry Daiquiri