From Copycat Recipe Guide
T.G.I. Friday's Cafe Toledo
Home barkeepers who want to learn how to make T.G.I. Friday’s Café Toledo recipe can do easily by learning the basic drink proportions and by investing in good quality ingredients. Regular T.G.I. Friday’s guests may be familiar with the restaurant chain’s Café Toledo alcoholic mixed drink. The beverage is a variation of the traditional Mudslide. Made with chocolate syrup, coffee, Kahlua, and Bailey’s Irish Cream, this cocktail is simple to prepare at home and is a great addition to a home bar menu collection.
Start to finish: 5 minutes (Active time: 5 minutes)
|Flickr: Sergio Jardim|
|Customer service phone||1-800-FRIDAYS|
|Main ingredients||Kahlua, Bailey’s Irish Cream|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
T.G.I. Friday’s Café Toledo Ingredients
- 3/4 ounce Kahlua
- 3/4 ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1/2 ounce chocolate syrup
- 5 ounces hot coffee
- Aerosol whipped cream
Recipe adapted from the recipe originally posted by T.G.I. Friday's
T.G.I. Friday’s Café Toledo Recipe
- Preheat the mug you will use to serve the drink. You can do this by filling it with hot water and placing it in the microwave for a minute and a half or by pouring boiling hot water from a kettle into the mug and letting it sit until you’re ready to prepare the drink. If you plan to microwave your mug, make sure it’s microwave-safe and does not contain any metal.
- Prepare 5 ounces of hot black coffee. You can use your preferred method of coffeemaking, whether it’s a coffeemaker, a French press, or instant coffee. Opt for a high-quality ground coffee for best results.
- Pour the water out of the warmed mug.
- Add 3/4 ounce of Kahlua to the empty serving mug.
- Pour 3/4 ounce of Bailey’s Irish Cream into the mug.
- Add 1/2 ounce of chocolate syrup.
- Fill the mug with the hot coffee.
- Garnish the beverage with mounding whipped cream from an aerosol can.
- Gently lace chocolate syrup over the top for decoration.
- Serve with a sipping straw.
Bartending Drinks: Mixed Drinks: Mudslide
- T.G.I. Friday’s recommended serving the Café Toledo drink in a footed glass mug, similar to the mug used for a root beer float, but cooks can use any serving glass they have.
- The recipe does not specify a particular brand of chocolate syrup, so any commercially prepared chocolate sauce may be appropriate.
- The ingredients in this recipe only make one serving, so if bartenders plan on serving this drink for multiple people, they will need to multiply the recipe ingredients accordingly.
- For a more exotic garnish, try sprinkling cinnamon or cocoa powder over the top of the whipped cream. You could even sprinkle a few coffee beans on top of the finished Cafe Toledo as a garnish.
Frozen Mudslide Recipe
While T.G.I. Friday's serves the Cafe Toledo hot, you can make a frozen version by skipping the hot coffee and replacing it with ice cream and heavy cream. If you prefer to keep the coffee taste, iced coffee would also be a nice substitute to make a cool version of a Cafe Toledo.
Also See: How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Appletini, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Bloody Mary, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Ultimate Long Island Iced Tea, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Espresso Martini, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Cape Codder