From Copycat Recipe Guide
T.G.I. Friday's Cape Codder
Learning how to make the T.G.I. Friday’s Cape Codder recipe is very simple, since the drink consists of few ingredients and requires very little preparation. There is also room for home bartenders to add a few touches of their own, depending on their tastes. T.G.I. Friday’s restaurants serve the classic Cape Codder cocktail for their bar patrons. This tangy cocktail includes cranberry juice, vodka and club soda mixed together. According to some traditional Cape Codder recipes, cooks should leave out the club soda. But the T.G.I. Friday’s variation includes it as a finishing touch to add a bit of fizz to the cocktail. The drink is suitable for an afternoon cocktail, an after dinner drink, or for a party.
Start to finish: 5 minutes (Active time: 5 minutes)
|Customer service phone||1-800-FRIDAYS|
|Main ingredients||Vodka, cranberry juice|
|Similar to||Cape Codder|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
T.G.I. Friday’s Cape Codder Ingredients
- 1 ¾ ounce vodka
- 3 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 ounce club soda
- 1 whole lime
- Ice cubes
Recipe adapted from recipe originally published by T.G.I. Friday's
T.G.I. Friday’s Cape Codder Recipe
- Pour sufficient ice cubes into a serving glass to fill it halfway.
- Add 1 3/4 ounces of vodka to the glass.
- Pour 3 ounces of cranberry juice in the glass.
- Stir gently.
- Pour 1 ounce of club soda on the top of the drink. Do not stir again to maintain the drink's fizz.
- Slice a lime in half, crosswise.
- Squeeze one lime half directly into the drink.
- Slice a wedge from the other lime half.
- Garnish the drink with the lime wedge.
- Serve with a straw.
Cape Codder Recipe Video – AskMen.com
- According to the restaurant’s original recipe, the Cape Codder should be served in a hi-ball glass, however, home bartenders can feel free to use any drink glass they have.
- Since T.G.I. Friday’s does not specify a particular brand of vodka, cranberry juice, or club soda, any commercial brand should work well in this drink. While any ingredients can be used, high quality ingredients will improve the quality of the final drink.
- Cooks can substitute seltzer water for club soda in this cocktail, if desired. For a different twist on the Cape Codder, some might consider adding ½ ounce of lime juice before adding the club soda.
Cucumber Cape Codder Recipe
Add a taste of sweetness to this drink by making cucumber simple syrup and using that in place of the club soda. Simply combine sugar and winter over high heat until boiling, then turn off the heat. Then grate a fresh cucumber and add to the sugar mixture. Strain the mixture through a sieve and then refrigerate. Use the finished simple syrup as the base for your Cape Codder.
Also See: How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Appletini, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Bloody Mary, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Cosmopolitan, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Cafe Toledo, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Ultimate Margarita