From Copycat Recipe Guide
T.G.I. Friday's Cosmopolitan
Home bartenders who want to recreate the restaurant’s mixed drink for themselves can learn how to make T.G.I. Friday’s Cosmopolitan recipe quickly with just four ingredients, including vodka, cranberry juice, and Cointreau, an orange liqueur. Mixed drinks such as T.G.I. Friday’s Cosmopolitan have pop culture connotations. In particular, the Cosmopolitan is associated with a long-running television show. The Cosmopolitan cocktail became a widely requested drink after it was portrayed as Carrie Bradshaw’s favorite drink in the HBO series “Sex and the City”.
Start to finish: 5 minutes (Active time: 5 minutes)
|Customer service phone||1-800-FRIDAYS|
|Main ingredients||Vodka, Cointreau, cranberry juice|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
T.G.I. Friday’s Cosmopolitan Ingredients
- 1 ¾ ounces Smirnoff Vodka
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce cranberry juice
- 1 whole lime
- 1 strip lemon peel
Recipe adapted from recipe originally published by T.G.I. Friday’s
T.G.I. Friday’s Cosmopolitan Recipe
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker with a strainer.
- Combine 1 3/4 ounces of Smirnoff vodka, 1/2 ounce Cointreau, and 1/2 ounce cranberry juice in the cocktail shaker.
- Cut the lime in half crosswise.
- Give one lime half a squeeze into the drink mixer.
- Screw the top of the mixer on tightly and shake the drink until the outside of the drink appears frosted.
- Pour the drink through the strainer into a martini glass.
- Use a knife to twist the lemon peel strip into a curl.
- Garnish the drink by hanging the lemon peel over the edge of the serving glass.
How to Make a Cosmopolitan Cocktail
- T.G.I. Friday’s recommended serving this drink in a chilled martini glass. Bartenders can chill martini glasses quickly by filling them with ice cubes and water and letting them sit for one minute.
- Even though the recipe recommends Smirnoff brand vodka, those who prefer a different brand of vodka can substitute their favorite, if desired. Opt for high-quality ingredients for best results.
- The Cosmopolitan recipe above only makes enough for one serving, so home barkeepers that are preparing mixed drinks for a cocktail party or a dinner party may need to increase the recipe quantities to accommodate the number of guests.
- While some parts of the drink can be made ahead, wait until just before serving to add the lime juice.
- T.G.I. Friday's serves its Cosmopolitans with lemon juice and lime peel garnish. However, you can change the taste by replacing the lemon and lime with a fresh orange. Peel the orange directly over the drink when making the garnish.
Also See: How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Ultimate Long Island Iced Tea, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Ultimate Margarita Platinum, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Bloody Mary, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Cafe Toledo, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Espresso Martini