From Copycat Recipe Guide
T.G.I. Friday's Espresso Martini
Those who have seen bartenders at the chain prepare this drink might think that it’s a complicated process, but learning how to make T.G.I. Friday’s Espresso Martini recipe is fairly simple. The cocktail includes a few basic ingredients, including vodka, coffee liqueur, and white crème de cacao. At T.G.I. Friday’s, guests can order the restaurant’s specialty Espresso Martini uses an espresso liqueur rather than freshly prepared espresso, making it quicker to prepare.
Start to finish: 5 minutes (Active time: 5 minutes)
|Customer service phone||1-800-FRIDAYS|
|Main ingredients||Vodka, coffee liqueur|
|Similar to||Espresso martini|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
T.G.I. Friday’s Espresso Martini Ingredients
- 1 ounce Smirnoff Vanilla
- 1 ounce Starbucks coffee liqueur
- 1/2 ounce white crème de cacao
- 1/2 ounce half & half cream
- Baking cocoa
Recipe adapted from recipe originally published by T.G.I. Friday’s
T.G.I. Friday’s Espresso Martini Recipe
- Place ice in a cocktail shaker with a strainer.
- Add 1 ounce of Smirnoff Vanilla to the shaker.
- Add 1 ounce Starbucks Coffee liqueur to the mix.
- Pour 1/2 ounce of white crème de cacao into the shaker.
- Add 1/2 ounce of half & half cream.
- Screw the lid of the shaker on tightly, then shake vigorously for about 10 seconds. This process will combine the ingredients, create a slight froth and add ice chips to the mix.
- Wet a finger with water, then run it around the rim of the serving glass.
- Dip the glass rim into baking cocoa to coat.
- Pour the mixed espresso martini through the strainer into the serving glass.
- Serve immediately for best results.
The Espresso Martini
- Since this drink is a martini variation, T.G.I. Friday’s recommended serving it in a martini glass. However, those who are making this for a dinner party or for a meal can use any serving glass they have on hand.
- The restaurant does not garnish the drink, but home cooks who are preparing this might wish to add whipped cream or chocolate bits to the top for additional flavor and decoration.
- While T.G.I. Friday’s official recipe uses Starbucks branded coffee liqueur, some bartenders may not be able to find this locally. Other brands such as Kahlua may be suitable for preparing the Espresso Martini or cooks can try preparing it for themselves with coffee, grain alcohol, sugar, and vanilla.
- Consider sprinkling a few whole espresso beans over the top of the drink as a garnish.
Also See: How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Friday's Martini, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Appletini, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Cafe Toledo, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Bloody Mary, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Cosmopolitan