From Copycat Recipe Guide
T.G.I. Friday's Ultimate Margarita Platinum
Regular visitors to T.G.I. Friday's may know that the restaurant prepares signature margaritas, including the Ultimate Margarita Platinum. This cocktail consists of 1800 Silver tequila, Cointreau orange liqueur, and commercially prepared margarita mix. Those who are unable to find these specific liquor brands can substitute their preferred brands, if desired. Since the drink uses few ingredients, home cooks will find it fairly easy to learn how to make T.G.I. Friday’s Ultimate Margarita Platinum recipe.
|Customer service phone||1-800-FRIDAYS|
|Main ingredients||Tequila, orange liqueur, margarita mix|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
T.G.I. Friday’s Ultimate Margarita Platinum Ingredients
- 1 ½ ounces 1800 Select Silver tequila
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau liqueur or triple sec orange liqueur
- 3 ounces margarita mix
- 1 whole lime
- 1 whole orange
- Ice cubes
- 1 whole lemon
- Margarita salt
- Ice cubes
Recipe courtesy of T.G.I. Friday’s
T.G.I. Friday’s Ultimate Margarita Platinum Recipe
- Fill a drink mixer with ice cubes to reach halfway.
- Add the 1800 Silver tequila.
- Add the Cointreau liqueur.
- Add the margarita mix.
- Cut the whole lime in half. Set one half aside.
- Squeeze the other lime half directly into the drink once.
- Cut the whole orange in half. Reserve one half for another purpose.
- Slice a wedge from the orange half.
- Squeeze the orange wedge once into the drink.
- Screw the drink mixer lid on tightly and shake for a few seconds.
- Wet a finger and run it around the rim of the serving glass.
- Dip the serving glass rim in margarita salt to coat it thoroughly.
- Use the strainer to pour the mixed drink into the serving glass.
- Cut a whole lemon in half. Reserve one half for another use.
- Squeeze the other lemon half directly into the finished drink.
- Cut one wedge each from the lime half and the orange half.
- Skewer both wedges together and place the fruit on top of the drink.
- Serve with a straw.
How to Make a Margarita Cocktail
T.G.I. Friday’s serves their margaritas in traditional margarita glasses, but any serving glass will do. The Ultimate Margarita Platinum is just one of Friday’s signature margaritas. Cooks who want to master the restaurant’s other recipes can learn how to make the Ultimate Margarita or the Ultimate Margarita Pomegranate. Commercial margarita mix works well in this recipe, but cooks can also try to prepare their own homemade lime mix or sour mix for this drink.
If you prefer to make a frozen Ultimate Margarita Platinum, you can substitute the ice cubes for crushed ice and combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth, then serve in a lightly salted margarita glass.
For a slightly different flavor, substitute the orange liqueur for fresh orange juice and Mandarin Napoleon liqueur.