From Copycat Recipe Guide
T.G.I. Friday's Fried Green Beans
T.G.I Friday's fried green beans are offered on the appetizer menu as an interesting twist on a classic vegetable side dish. Learning how to make T.G.I. Friday's recipes at home makes it easy to spice up a regular meal, enhance a dinner party or save money over enjoying dishes at the restaurant. The T.G.I. Friday's fried green beans recipe utilizes fresh green beans, a quick frying method, and a spicy, yet cool cucumber-Wasabi ranch sauce for dipping. While the dish is served as an appetizer, it also works well as a side dish. Plan on serving the fried beans soon after preparation for best results. While leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, reheating results in somewhat soggy green beans, so prepare enough for one meal at a time.
Start to finish: 30 - 45 minutes
|Creative Commons image by Sérgio Jardim|
|Customer service phone||800-374-3297|
|Served as||Side dish|
|Main ingredients||Green beans|
|Cooking method||Pan fried|
|Similar to||Carrabba's green beans|
T.G.I Friday's Fried Green Beans Ingredients
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup minced cucumber
- 1 teaspoon Wasabi powder
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon horseradish
- 3 cubes chicken bullion
- 1 cube beef bullion
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk +1 tablespoon (for sauce, if necessary)
T.G.I Friday's Fried Green Beans Recipe
- Clean and de-string green beans.
- In a small bowl, combine ranch dressing, cucumber, Wasabi powder, vinegar and horseradish.
- Stir well until a thick sauce is formed. Some water or milk may be added to reach the desired consistency.
- In a large pot, combine the chicken and beef bullion cubes with 4 cups of water; bring to a boil.
- Put green beans into boiling broth and allow to cook for approximately 12 minutes, or until tender, yet crisp.
- Dunk green beans into an ice water bath to stop the cooking process and remain the texture of the green beans, then allow to dry on paper towels.
- In a medium-sixed mixing bowl, combine flour, Panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg and milk.
- Dip green beans into egg wash, then dredge into flour mixture.
- Cover the bottom of a frying pan with olive oil.
- Fry green beans for about 2 minutes, turning frequently until the beans take on a golden brown hue.
- Repeat frying process until all green beans are fried.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Fried Green Beans Video
- While this dish offers a spicy and addicting appetizer or side dish, it may be too spicy for more delicate palates. To tone down the dish, leave out the cayenne pepper and select an alternative dipping sauce. Consider a ranch and cucumber mixture or simply a ranch dipping sauce as an alternative. Blue ranch dressing can also offer an interesting taste.
Also See: How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Potato Skins, How to Make a Chili's Awesome Blossom, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion, How to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits , How to Make Red Lobster Rice Pilaf