From Copycat Recipe Guide
T.G.I. Friday's Ultimate Margarita
T.G.I. Friday’s restaurants serve a few different margaritas, including the Ultimate Margarita, the Ultimate Margarita Platinum, and the Ultimate Margarita Pomegranate. The Ultimate Margarita is one of the chain’s signature drinks and is made with tequila, Triple Sec (an orange liqueur), and freshly prepared Sour Rocks mix (or Sour Mix). Margaritas are a traditional cocktail and are very easy to prepare, especially for those new to making mixed drinks. Learning how to make T.G.I. Friday’s Ultimate Margarita recipe can add a new dimension to cocktail parties.
|Customer service phone||1-800-FRIDAYS|
|Main ingredients||Tequila, orange liqueur|
T.G.I. Friday’s Ultimate Margarita Ingredients
- 1 ¾ ounces silver 100 percent agave tequila
- 3/4 ounces Triple Sec liqueur
- 3 ¼ ounces fresh Sour Rocks Mix
- Margarita salt
- Ice cubes
- High quality lager beer
- 1 slice of lime
- 1 slice of orange
Recipe courtesy of T.G.I. Friday’s
T.G.I. Friday’s Ultimate Margarita Recipe
- Add ice cubes to a drink mixer with a strainer.
- Pour in the silver agave tequila.
- Add the Triple Sec liqueur.
- Add the Fresh Sour Rocks mix.
- Screw the drink mixer lid on tightly and shake for a few seconds.
- Open the drink mixer and add a splash of beer.
- Wet a finger and run it around the rim of the serving glass.
- Turn the serving glass upside down and dip one-third of it in margarita salt.
- Add a couple of ice cubes to the serving glass.
- Using the strainer, pour the drink into the serving glass.
- Skewer the lime orange slices together. Place the fruit on top of the glass as garnish.
- Serve with a straw.
How to Make a Frozen Margarita
As a recipe variation, T.G.I. Friday’s explains how to adapt this drink to make a frozen cocktail. Simply combine the tequila, Triple Sec, and Sour Rocks mix in a blender along with 2 cups of crushed ice. Garnish as before and serve with a straw. Those that would like to make their own Sour Rocks mix can do so by combining 1 quart of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1 cup of fresh lime juice, 1 ½ boxes of superfine sugar and 2 egg whites. Stir all the ingredients together until sugar dissolves.
This drink can be multiplied to serve up to four people. Simply use four times the amount of the ingredients and strain the drinks into four separate glasses. Consider slicing the limes into wheels and garnishing the drinks with them.
To serve this drink in the same way as the bartenders at T.G.I. Friday’s, home cooks should use a sombrero glass. However, if they don’t have these glasses at home, they can feel free to use any glass they wish.
Also See: How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Appletini, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Bloody Mary, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Cafe Toledo, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Cape Codder, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Cosmopolitan, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Espresso Martini