From Copycat Recipe Guide
Texas Roadhouse Chili
Texas Roadhouse chili is loaded with meat and beans. It's a hearty and flavorful dish that is heavy on spices and onions. While home chefs can learn how to make this Texas Roadhouse chili recipe as a side dish or an appetizer, it makes a perfect main entree for a cool evening meal. Billed on the restaurant menu as "Texas Red Chili", this chili is simple to make and can be customized based on spice preferences and the number of servings needed.
|Flickr Error ( Invalid API Key (Key has expired) ): PhotoID 5263108574|
Flickr: El Negro Magnifico
|Customer service phone||800-TEX-ROAD|
|Served as||Side dish|
|Main ingredients||Beef chuck, garlic, onions|
|Similar to||Wendy's Chili|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Texas Roadhouse Chili Ingredients
- 4 pounds beef chuck
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons diced garlic
- 1 cup yellow or white onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 ground cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (Spanish paprika)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 15 ounce cans red kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup jalapenos, sliced and seeded
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons masa harina (corn tortilla flour)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup red onions, diced
Texas Roadhouse Chili Recipe
- Cut beef chuck into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place 3 tablespoons of oil into the bottom of a dutch oven or large pot and allow to heat.
- Place diced garlic and white or yellow onion into the hot oil and allow to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high, then add the beef cubes to the pot.
- Stir constantly and allow the meat to brown.
- Lower the temperature to medium once the meat has a slight brown color with no red visible.
- Add Italian seasonings, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, chili powder, vinegar, brown sugar, tomatoes,beans, black pepper, diced jalapenos, and red pepper flakes to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Simmer mixture for about 10 minutes, then add masa harina, or corn tortilla flour to help thicken the mixture.
- Cook for another 10 minutes, or until the mixture reaches a thick consistency.
- Ladle out individual servings into bowls, then top with shredded cheddar cheese and chopped red onions.
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Chili
- The original Texas Roadhouse chili can be a bit spicy for some taste buds. Cool down the heat by adding a dollop of sour cream on top of each serving and adding some cornbread on the side. Reducing the amount the red pepper flakes and jalapenos also reduces the heat. Likewise, those who seek out heat-filled dishes can add their favorite hot sauce to the mix, or add a dash of cayenne pepper to the mixture during preparation.
- For a bit more flavor, replace the shredded cheddar cheese with pepperjack, Mexican cheese, or a three-cheese blend.
- If you're unable to find Spanish smoked paprika at your local grocery store, you can substitute Hungarian paprika and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Also See: How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles, How to Make a Texas Roadhouse Cactus Blossom, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Killer Ribs, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rolls, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Margaritas, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Tater Skins
- http://www.texasroadhouse.com/menu/interactive-menu#Just for Starters