From Copycat Recipe Guide
Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles
Texas Roadhouse coupons frequently feature a free appetizer of your choice. One option is the restaurant's signature fried pickles. This Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles recipe is easy to replicate and allows you to enjoy the appetizer whenever the mood strikes, even if you don't have a free appetizer coupon.
Making this copycat Texas Roadhouse deep fried pickles recipe requires just a few steps and common pantry ingredients. For best results, you will need access to a deep fryer. If you do not have a deep fryer, a deep pot will work, but the outcome will not be as crispy as the higher-temperature fryer fried pickles. From start to finish, the copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles recipe takes about five to ten minutes to complete and offers an excellent dish to serve at sports-related parties. Pickle chips, either dill or another pickle flavor of your choice, are coated in seasoned flour and deep fried until golden brown. The finished pickles are usually served with ranch dressing or horseradish sauce.
Start to finish: 15 minutes
Creative Commons photo by Eric Mueller
|Customer service phone||800-TEX-ROAD|
|Main ingredients||Pickles, flour|
|Cooking method||Deep frying|
|Similar to||Hooters Fried Pickles|
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles
Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles Ingredients
- Frying oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups pickle chips
- Ranch dressing or horseradish sauce
Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles Recipe
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large deep pan until oil sizzles when a water drop is placed on top.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, sugar and cayenne pepper in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to incorporate all the dry ingredients.
- Drain the pickle chips to remove excess water. The pickles do not need to be completely dry as some moisture is needed for the battering process.
- Toss a portion of the pickle chips in the seasoned flour mixture until the pickle chips are well-coated with the flour.
- Transfer the pickle chips to a wire strainer. Shake to remove excess flour from the pickle chips.
- Carefully place the pickle chips in the hot oil. Cook for three to four minutes, or until the pickles float to the surface.
- Remove from oil and place on a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Transfer to a serving plate and serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.
Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickle Nutritional Information
The following nutritional facts are based on a serving size of 1 basket of fried pickles, as prepared at the restaurant
- Calories: 174 (Calories from Fat: 33)
- Total Fat: 3.6 g (Saturated Fat: 0.7 g)
- Sodium: 1221 mg
- Potassium: 198 mg
- Carbohydrate: 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
- Sugars: 2.4 g
- Other Carbohydrates: 25.5 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
Brian Johnson from Texas Roadhouse recommends using peanut oil for frying. He also advises placing cooked pickles in the oven to keep them warm until you are ready to serve, and for chefs to keep an eye on thinner pickle chips as they will cook faster and are liable to burn. Make sure to allow time for the oil to reheat between batches of pickles.
Tone down the saltiness by soaking the pickle chips in water for about 20 minutes, then draining the liquid. If needed, repeat the process to remove additional salt from the pickles. Continue with the battering the frying process as outlined in the Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles recipe.
Also See: How to Make a Bloomin' Onion, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Potato Skins, How to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites, How to Make Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole, How to Make TGI Friday's French Onion Soup, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Barbecue Sauce, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Chicken Critters, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Catfish, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Killer Ribs, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Margaritas, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Prime Rib, How To Make Texas Roadhouse Pulled Pork