From Copycat Recipe Guide
Texas Roadhouse Margaritas
The Texas Roadhouse margarita recipe is the perfect compliment to a meal at the chain restaurant. Replicating the exact taste at home is difficult due to a proprietary sour mix, but a similar mixture can be whipped with a few ingredients and some basic bar tending supplies. The base of the margarita mixture is tequila. While a lower quality tequila can be used, a better tequila will enhance the flavor of the drink. For an economical mix, use a splash of a higher quality tequila such as Patron over a base of more economical spirits.  The Texas Roadhouse margarita should be made to order and served immediately for best results. The drink is traditionally served in a margarita glass decorated by a salt ring, but it can also be served on the rocks.
|Customer service phone||800-TEX-ROAD|
|Served as||Alcoholic beverage|
|Similar to||Applebee's margarita|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Texas Roadhouse Margarita Ingredients
- 4 fl. ounce tequila
- 1/2 fl. ounce Triple Sec
- 1/2 fl ounce white cuervo
- 2 fl ounces sweet and sour mix concentrate
Texas Roadhouse Margarita Recipe
- Salt the edges of two margarita glasses. This step is optional.
- Fill a stainless steel shaker with ice.
- Measure and pour 4 ounces of Tequila, 1/2 ounce Triple Sec, and 1/2 ounce White Cuervo into the shaker.
- Place the lid on top of the shaker and agitate about 20 times, or until all ingredients are well blended and small ice chips float through the drink.
- Remove the top of the shaker and pour into the salted margarita glasses. This drink can also be served over the rocks, just make sure to use plenty of ice to keep the drink chilled.
- Garnish drink with a fruit wedge or a kitschy item like a paper parasol.
Margarita Cocktail Drink Recipe
- The mix can be blended with a few large strawberries and half of a banana for a fruity strawberry-banana margarita. Clementines or pink grapefruits may also be used to add a fruity taste.
- Another alternative is the rattlesnake margarita which combines cranberry juice, tequila, raspberry liqueur, lime juice and sweet and sour mix. .
- If you're serving margaritas for a group, the recipe can be made in a high-quality blender with some ice to replicate the shaker action normally required. Avoid putting in too many ice cubes that could water down the mixture.
- If you don't care for the taste of sweet and sour mix, you can usually substitute lime juice in this recipe. Frozen limeade concentrate also works well.
- To make a natural sweet and sour mix, simply combine juice from fresh oranges and limes with light agave nectar.
- Make a low-calorie version of this drink by replacing the Triple Sec, white cuervo, and sweet and sour mix with diet lemon lime soda, sugar free lemonade powder, and lime juice.
Also See: How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles, How to Make a Texas Roadhouse Cactus Blossom, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Killer Ribs, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rolls, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Tater Skins, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Cheese Fries, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Ultimate Margarita, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Ultimate Margarita Platinum, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Ultimate Margarita Pomegranate, How to Make Applebee's Perfect Margarita