From Copycat Recipe Guide
Texas Roadhouse Prime Rib
The Texas Roadhouse prime rib recipe creates a juice-filled, tender piece of meat that is packed with flavor. Prime rib is a rib-eye cut that offers strong fat marbling along the edge and throughout the meat. When cooked to perfection, the dish oozes with flavor and offers a soft, almost delicate texture. The delectable prime rib at Texas Roadhouse offers a crave-worthy entree that melts in your mouth. Satisfying a craving for the Texas Roadhouse prime rib can eat away at a budget quickly; however, home chefs can recreate the dish in a home kitchen. The cooking process is not difficult, but it does take time, fresh seasonings and a high-quality piece of meat. While prime rib can be made ahead and re-heated, it loses some of the flavor and texture. Serving prime rip hot out of the oven is the best way to enjoy this high-quality meat selection. If any leftovers remain, they make a for a delicious prime rib sandwich.
|Flickr: Lady DragonflyCC|
|Customer service phone||800-TEX-ROAD|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Prime rib loin, hickory liquid smoke|
|Cooking method||Slow roasted|
|Similar to||Outback prime rib|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Texas Roadhouse Prime Rib Ingredients
- 1 medium-sized prime rib loin
- 2 tbsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup hickory liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 cups water
Texas Roadhouse Prime Rib Recipe
- Combine liquid smoke, black pepper, soy sauce, garlic, sugar and oil in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix seasoning until the sugar and salt has been incorporated into the liquid.
- Place the prime rib loin in a baking pan.
- Take a handful of the seasoning mix and rub into the loin. Rub the seasonings into the top and sides, then flip the loin to coat the bottom side of the meat.
- Cover the meat with plastic wrap and place in a refrigerator.
- Allow the meat to marinate for at least 4 hours. For best results, allow the meat to marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add 2 cups of water to a pan and place it on the bottom rack in your oven.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the loin, then place the pan with the loin on the middle rack in the oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes to sear the outside, then place a meat thermometer in the middle of the loin.
- Turn down the temperature to 250 degrees.
- Cook the loin until your desired temperature is reached. Rare occurs at 140 degrees, medium rare at 150, medium at 160, medium rare at 170 and well done at 180.
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Prime Rib Video
The final quality of a home cooked prime rib partially depends on the marinating time, low cooking temperature and the initial quality of the meat selected. Home chefs should opt for a higher quality prime rib loin for better results. Visiting a specialized meat market, or higher-end grocery store may offer a choicer selection and better cuts of meat. This prime rib recipe can be easily modified based on seasoning preferences and marinade choices. The dish is best served along with warm sides, yeast rolls and a simple salad. Reheating of leftovers should be done in an oven for best results. Any reheating will generally cook the meat to the next degree of doneness(medium to medium-well for example).
Also See: How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles, How to Make a Texas Roadhouse Cactus Blossom, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Killer Ribs, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rolls, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Margaritas, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Tater Skins, How To Make Texas Roadhouse Pulled Pork, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Chicken Critters, How To Make Texas Roadhouse Sweet Potatoes with Honey Caramel Sauce