From Copycat Recipe Guide
Texas Roadhouse Rib Seasoning
While the Texas Roadhouse rib seasoning is available for purchase in the restaurant chain's physical locations and online on their website, it can be inconvenient to make a trip before preparing a special rib dinner for family or friends. Fortunately, making the Texas Roadhouse rib seasoning recipe at home is simple and can be prepared at a cost lower than buying the seasoning blend from the restaurant.
An added benefit of preparing your the rib rub at home is being able to customize the blend based on personal taste preferences and diet restrictions. The basic rib seasoning mix uses standard spices found in most home kitchens. The base rub is used to make tender and flavor-packed Texas Roadhouse killer ribs and can be used as a seasoning base for almost any slow-cooked meat dish. This rib seasoning can be made in batches and stored in a standard seasoning jar for up to 6 months without any decrease in flavor. Moisture can cause a problem for this rub, so it best to place the rib seasoning far from moisture sources. For those living in a high-humidity climate, storing the rub in the refrigerator will extend the seasoning mix's useful life.
|Customer service phone||800-TEX-ROAD|
|Main ingredients||Salt, paprika, Cayenne pepper|
|Similar to||Sticky Fingers rib rub|
Texas Roadhouse Rib Seasoning Ingredients
- 3 tbsp. garlic powder
- 3 tbsp. dry mustard
- 3 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. MSG
Texas Roadhouse Rib Seasoning Recipe
- Obtain a medium-sized bowl, a pair of scissors, an empty spice jar with a shaker top and a plastic bag with a zip-seal top.
- Measure 3 tablespoons of garlic powder, 3 tablespoons of dry mustard and 3 tablespoons of onion powder. Pour each seasoning into the mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt, black pepper and paprika to the bowl. Opt for fresh ground medium-sized pepper if possible.
- Add 2 teaspoons of Cayenne pepper and MSG to the bowl. Individuals who are sensitive to MSG can leave off this ingredient, but should substitute an additional 2 teaspoons of salt or salt alternative.
- Stir seasonings gently with a spoon.
- Pour all seasonings from the bowl into a zip-top plastic bag, then seal.
- Shake the bag vigorously until the seasonings are well blended. The final mix should feature an orange hue.
- Cut a diagonal hole on a bottom corner of the bag.
- Place the bag inside the seasoning jar and allow the seasoning rub to move from the plastic bag to the jar.
- Seal the jar and the seasoning mix is ready to place on ribs.
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rib Seasoning Video
This rub mix is great for almost any type of ribs. Dry ribs or wet ribs slathered in BBQ sauce will both be enhanced by this seasoning blend. For best results, use the rib seasoning on both sides of the ribs liberally. Allow the ribs to sit for at least five minutes after applying the rub to allow it to be absorbed into the meat. Use this rub in conjunction with a rib recipe to recreate the famous Texas Roadhouse flavor. While the rub was designed for pork ribs, the seasoning blend is suitable for any heartier meats such as beef or wild game.
Also See: How To Make Texas Roadhouse Pulled Pork, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Barbecue Sauce, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles, How to Make a Texas Roadhouse Cactus Blossom, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Killer Ribs, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rolls, How to Make Roadhouse Margaritas, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Taker Skins, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Chicken Critters, How To Make Texas Roadhouse Sweet Potatoes with Honey Caramel Sauce