From Copycat Recipe Guide
Texas Roadhouse Rice
The Texas Roadhouse rice recipe is part of the chain's legendary sides menu. The side dish blends well with most of the restaurant chain's steak, ribs, prime ribs, seafood selections, and chicken entrees. The rice offers a buttery flavor with chicken undertones and spices up a meal with a little heat. Home cooks can easily replicate Texas Roadhouse's rice recipe and save significant money over a meal out at the restaurant.
Making Texas Roadhouse rice requires basic ingredients, but may necessitate a trip to the grocery store to pick up some fresh parsley. The rice can be cooked ahead and reheated. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week and reheated in an oven, or microwave. Sprinkling a little water over the rice prior to reheating will help re-hydrate and fluff the rice. The Texas Roadhouse rice recipe is suitable for a family night dinner or a entertainment night for friends.
|Customer service phone||800-TEX-ROAD|
|Served as||Side dish|
|Main ingredients||Rice, parsley, soy sauce|
|Similar to||Logan's Steakhouse rice|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Texas Roadhouse Rice Ingredients
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 stick butter
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Texas Roadhouse Rice Recipe
- Dice onion and set aside.
- Remove stems and finely chop fresh parsley.
- Place stick of butter in a pot over medium heat and melt.
- Add 2 cups of rice and stir frequently until rice browns slightly. This browning process will take about 6 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir to incorporate.
- Allow onions to cook until translucent.
- Add chicken stock and soy sauce.
- Stir and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to medium low, or until the rice is gently simmering.
- Cook until rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, or between 12 and 18 minutes.
Texas Roadhouse Rice Video
- The key to duplicating Texas Roadhouse rice is the balance of chicken stock, soy sauce and Cayenne pepper flavors with a color pop from finely chopped parsley.
- The dish can be easily adjusted based on the number of diners. As listed, the recipe makes enough rice to serve approximately four to six diners.
- The rice can be customized with other seasonings such as cilantro and basil.
- Chicken, shrimp or sliced steak can be added to the rice to make it a main entree dish.
- The fat content can be reduced by using a quality butter substitute and the heat can be adjusted to taste by modifying the amount of black and Cayenne pepper.
- Add a Mediterranean flair to this dish by using basmati rice and including sauteed mushrooms, chopped celery, and fresh rosemary.
- You could also use fresh dill and minced scallions for a bit more spice.
- Sprinkle the rice with finely chopped nuts for a bit of crunch.
- Add a tangy flavor to the rice by including chopped green chilies and 1/2 tsp of grated lemon peel.
Also See: How To Make Texas Roadhouse Green Beans, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles, How to Make a Texas Roadhouse Cactus Blossom, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Killer Ribs, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rolls, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Margaritas, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Tater Skins, How to Make Red Lobster Rice Pilaf, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Rice Pilaf, How to Make a Genghis Grill Special Fried Rice Bowl