From Copycat Recipe Guide
Texas Roadhouse Rolls
Filled with yeasty goodness, the Texas Roadhouse rolls feature a doughy texture highlighted by a slight sweet flavor. The rolls are often served at the popular restaurant chain along with a side of cinnamon butter. Crafting the rolls at home can help enhance a home cooked meal. Family members or friends tend to gush about a cooks baking skills when these rolls are served. Making this Texas Roadhouse Rolls recipe is not a difficult process, but it does take a little time to prepare. Allow at least three hours from start to finish the first time you try it out. This Texas Roadhouse rolls copycat recipe uses common kitchen supplies that are an economical alternative to a restaurant purchase. Extra rolls can be stored in the refrigerator and warmed slightly in the microwave or toaster oven, but the texture may change slightly.
Start to finish: 1 1/2 hours (active time: 30 minutes)
|Flickr: Bradley Gee|
|Customer service phone||800-TEX-ROAD|
|Main ingredients||Flour, eggs, sugar, flour|
|Similar to||O'Charley's sweet yeast rolls|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Texas Roadhouse Rolls Ingredients
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter for dough
- 2 tablespoons butter for brushing rolls
Texas Roadhouse Rolls Recipe
- Combine milk and water, then warm to lukewarm temperature on the stove or in the microwave.
- Beat the egg in a small mixing bowl, then add to the milk and water mixture.
- Combine salt, sugar and yeast in a large bowl with 2 cups of the flour.
- Create a well in the middle of the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Pour liquid mixture into the well.
- Incorporate the liquid into the dry ingredients with your hands. Run hands along the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure all ingredients are well mixed.
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter on the stove, or in the refrigerator and add to the mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of flour to the mixture gradually while stirring.
- Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and allow to sit for about an hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Coat a mixing spoon with oil, then punch the middle of the batter.
- Grease a muffin pan with shortening or oil. You may need two muffin pans, depending upon their size.
- Fill muffin tins about half full.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and brush the top of each roll.
- Allow rolls to rise again until they have filled the muffin tins.
- Bake for about 16 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
- Melt another tablespoon of butter and brush the tops of each roll again.
- Serve warm along with cinnamon butter.
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rolls
The highlight of the Texas Roadhouse rolls is their sweetness. Consider using an instant yeast specifically designed for sweeter breads to enhance the flavor of the rolls.
Add a bit of professional dough conditioner to help the rolls maintain their moisture and soft texture.
The Texas Roadhouse rolls are great served alongside grilled meats, soups, baked chicken and even for holiday meals.
Also See: How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles, How to Make a Texas Roadhouse Cactus Blossom, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Killer Ribs, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Margaritas, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Tater Skins, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Cheese Fries, How to Make KFC Refrigerator Rolls, How to Make Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls