From Copycat Recipe Guide
Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning
The first step in making restaurant style steak at home is to use the right seasoning recipe. Texas Roadhouse steak seasoning gives even cheap cuts of meat an an extra "kick" of flavor. The rub can also be used to enhance soups, stews and even country fried steak.
The company sells their Texas Roadhouse Sirloin Seasoning at the restaurant and online at texasroadhouse.com, for about $4. The Texas Roadhouse steak seasoning recipe uses herbs and spices usually found in the home kitchen, so it's fairly easy to duplicate, if you don't want to purchase it.
|Customer service phone||800-TEX-ROAD|
|Served on||Main dish steak entrees|
|Main ingredients||Salt, brown sugar, black pepper|
|Similar to||Outback Steakhouse steak seasoning|
Steak Seasoning Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
Steak Seasoning Recipe
- Gather a medium-sized bowl, a gallon-sized plastic bag with a zip top, a pair of scissors and a spice jar with a shaker-type top.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of kosher salt and pour into the bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of brown sugar. Standard white sugar can also be used.
- Measure 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, garlic salt, onion powder and turmeric. Add all seasonings to the bowl.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of paprika and chili powder to the bowl.
- Measure out 1 teaspoon of black pepper and add to the other spices in the bowl. Fresh ground, medium-sized pepper is best for this mix.
- Stir mixture gently to incorporate all ingredients.
- Pour seasonings into a gallon-sized plastic bag, then seal. Shake the seasonings together in the bag until the seasonings appear to be evenly blended.
- Cut an edge off of one of the bottom edges of the plastic bags at a diagonal. The cut should be small enough for the tip of the bag to easily fit into the empty spice jar.
- Empty spices from the bag into spice container.
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning
- The seasoning blend can be easily prepared ahead and stored in a standard shaker container. Consider purchasing fresh, quality seasonings before preparing this copycat recipe, for maximum flavor impact.
- This blend is a versatile, yet simple seasoning, but it is high in salt. A salt substitute can be used in place of the kosher salt if needed.
- A simple Texas Roadhouse steak seasoning copy cat recipe can also be made by combining Lawry's seasoning salt, garlic salt, onion powder and black pepper.
- Combine the spice mix with some Worcestershire sauce, some Dijon mustard and minced garlic to create a thick paste that can be rubbed liberally onto each side of a steak. This paste offers a heartier, more especially helps enhance lower-quality meats. For a spicier kick, add 1 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper to the mixture.
Also See: How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles, How to Make a Texas Roadhouse Cactus Blossom, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Killer Ribs, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rolls, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Margaritas, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Tater Skins, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Cheese Fries, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion