From Copycat Recipe Guide
Wendy's Chipotle Ranch Salad Dressing
Wendy’s restaurants have been serving up made-to-order “fast” food since 1969. Wendy's uses premium ingredients the restaurant restaurants’ kitchens as shown by their freshly made entrees. Wendy's salad entrees are just another example of how the restaurant uses fresh ingredients. This Wendy’s Chipotle Ranch Salad Dressing recipe pairs spicy ancho and chipotle peppers with tangy buttermilk to make a dressing that pairs well with many different salads.
Wendy’s Chipotle Ranch Salad Dressing is the perfect complement to Wendy’s Taco Salad. While this salad was removed from the menu recently, fans can recreate this dish in their own home.
Start to finish: 15 minutes (Active Time: 5 minutes)
Serves: Makes 3 cups of dressing; 24 2 tablespoon servings
|Customer service phone||614-764-3100, ext. 2032|
|Served as||Salad condiment|
|Main ingredients||Buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream|
|Similar to||Hidden Valley ranch dressing|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Wendy’s Chipotle Ranch Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried ancho peppers
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried chili peppers
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried chipotle peppers
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Wendy’s Chipotle Ranch Salad Dressing Recipe
- In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
- Add vinegar, liquid smoke, and sugar. Stir until the sugar is incorporated into the mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients: garlic powder, onion powder, ancho peppers, chili peppers, chipotle peppers, and salt. Mix until the spices are well-combined.
- Place dressing in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes to let flavors blend together.
- Taste the dressing before serving and adjust the salt and pepper, if necessary.
Wendy's Taco Salad Video
- While Wendy’s restaurants used this chipotle ranch dressing on their Taco Salad, it is a versatile dressing that would be a delicious accompaniment to a fresh veggie platter or even spicy hot wings. Try using this ranch dressing the next time you make Pizza Hut Buffalo Wings.
- Categorized as a hot chile, chipotle is actually a jalapeno pepper that has been dried and smoked. If you cannot find dried chipotle peppers in the produce section of your grocery store, look for adobe sauce, which contains dried, pickled chipotles. Try using adobe sauce in your ranch dressing as a substitute for the chipotle peppers.
Also See: How to Make Wendy's Chili, How to Make Wendy's Frosty, How to Make Applebee's Santa Fe Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera Steak and Blue Cheese Chopped Salad, How to Make Pizza Hut Blue Cheese Dip