From Copycat Recipe Guide
Wendy's Taco Salad
Wendy's restaurants have long been favored for their diverse menu and range of both healthy and indulgent options. With this copycat Wendy's Taco Salad recipe, you can bring a popular item from the restaurant into your own home.
Since Wendy's Taco Salad was discontinued in favor of their Baja Salad, the only way to enjoy it is to make it yourself at home. If you've been missing the old Wendy's Taco Salad, this copycat Wendy's Taco Salad recipe provides you with the chance to enjoy it once again.
|Customer service phone||614-764-3100, ext. 2032|
|Main ingredients||Chili, lettuce, cheese, chips|
|Similar to||Chili taco salad|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Wendy's Taco Salad Ingredients
- 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup prepared chili
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons Chipotle ranch salad dressing
- 1 ounce small corn tortilla chips; use tortilla strips if you can find them
Wendy's Taco Salad Recipe
- Mix the cheddar cheese, lettuces, and diced tomatoes in a bowl.
- On individual plates, dole out the tossed salad.
- Add the heated chili on top of the salad.
- Serve the chips, sour cream, and salsa on the side.
Wendy's Taco Salad Video
- Spice up your Wendy's Taco Salad with ingredient like one 11-ounce can on Green Giant Mexicorn whole kernel corn with red and green peppers. Other good additions include chopped onion, sliced red peppers, and salsa.
- Is this salad not spicy enough for you? Go nuts with the salsa heat--go as hot as you'd like, or as mild as you'd like.
- If you'd rather make your own Wendy's chili, you can combine ground beef, taco seasoning, pinto beans, red onion, and kidney beans to do so. Then simply add the chili as directed in the recipe. Alternately, you can use canned chili to save time on preparation.
- If you'd like a different salad dressing, consider Catalina or French dressing.
- Add a bit more flavor by including diced avocado in the salad.
- If you prefer, you can substitute the romaine lettuce with iceberg lettuce.