From Copycat Recipe Guide
The original Wendy's chocolate frosty recipe is a classic creamy fast-food treat that is synonymous with the chain. Smooth, cool and creamy, the is offered in a variety of flavors and preparations including the original chocolate, vanilla, frosty shakes, frosty parfaits and a frosty float.
This copycat Wendy's Frosty recipe is made with real milk, ice cream and 100 percent cocoa and offers a unique texture and taste that is similar to that served in the classic Wendy's dessert. You can enjoy a Frosty at home without the need to spend money on gas or a fast-food meal.
Start to finish: 10 minutes (Active time: 10 minutes)
|Customer service phone||614-764-3100|
|Main ingredients||Milk, vanilla ice cream, cocoa, sugar|
|Similar to||Chick-fil-A Chocolate Milkshake|
Wendy's Frosty Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% milk with added nonfat milk solids
- 3 cups lowfat vanilla ice cream
- 4 tablespoons imitation whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Wendy's Frosty Recipe
- Pour the milk into the blender.
- Add three cups of vanilla ice cream. Avoid using ice milk or any non-creamy vanilla ice cream as it will make the shake too watery.
- Measure out 1 teaspoon of vanilla and add it to the blender.
- Add the cocoa powder and the granulated sugar. Cover the blender with the lid.
- Blend gently on medium. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides as needed. Avoid over blending.
- Add whipped topping and blend on low until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into two tall glasses and serve immediately. Consider chilling the glass to make the frosty last longer without melting.
How to Operate the Frosty Machine at Wendy's
- You can modify this recipe to lower the calories and fat by using your choice of ultra low fat Cool Whip or chocolate skim milk.
- Make the recipe even richer by using sweetened condensed milk in place of nonfat milk.
- The recipe freezes well and can be made in batches for a party or family treat. This Wendy's Frosty copycat recipe is easy to prepare, so it is an ideal project to make with children with adult supervision.
- If you prefer, you can prepare the frosty in an ice cream maker by modifying the recipe to fit the size of your ice cream maker. A 1 quart maker will need about 1/4 of each ingredient.
- For an extra treat, consider adding a dash of cinnamon to the mixture while blending.
Also See: How to Make Cinnabon Cream Cheese Frosting, How to Make Wendy's Taco Salad, How to Make Copycat Bisquick, How to Make Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Cake, How to Make a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato, How to Make an Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato