From Copycat Recipe Guide
The original Wendy's chocolate frosty is a classic creamy fast-food treat that is synonymous with the chain. Smooth, cool and creamy, the is offered in a variety of flavors and preparations including the original chocolate, vanilla, frosty shakes, frosty parfaits and a frosty float. The original Wendy's Frosty recipe is made with real milk, cream and 100 percent cocoa and offers a unique texture and taste that is distinctly Wendy's. You can enjoy a Frosty at home without the need to spend money on gas or a fast-food meal. The process of creating a Frosty is simple.
|Customer service phone||614-764-3100|
|Main ingredients||Chocolate milk|
|Cooking method||Ice cream maker|
|Similar to||Thick chocolate shake|
Wendy's Frosty Ingredients
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream (not ice milk)
- 4 tsp. Nesquik chocolate mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. Cool Whip
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Wendy's Frosty Recipe
- Pour a cup of milk into a blender.
- Add two cups of vanilla ice cream. Avoid using ice milk or any non-creamy vanilla ice cream as it will make the shake too watery.
- Measure 1 teaspoon of vanilla and add it to the blender.
- Add chocolate drink mix.
- Blend gently on medium. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides as needed. Avoid over blending.
- Add cool whip and blend on low until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a tall glass and serve immediately. Consider chilling the glass to make the frosty last longer without melting.
Wanna Get "Frosty"? (Wendy's Frosty Commercial)
While this version of Wendy's Frosty may vary from the listed ingredients on their website, it makes a remarkably similar dessert. You can modify this recipe to lower the calories and fat by using your choice of ultra low fat Cool Whip or chocolate skim milk. The recipe freezes well and can be made in batches for a party or family treat. This Wendy's Frosty copycat recipe is easy to prepare, so it is an ideal project to make with children with adult supervision. If you prefer, you can prepare the frosty in an ice cream maker by modifying the recipe to fit the size of your ice cream maker. A 1 quart maker will need about 1/4 of each ingredient. For an extra treat, consider adding a dash of cinnamon to the mixture while blending.
Also See: How to Make Cinnabon Cream Cheese Frosting, How to Make Wendy's Taco Salad, How to Make Copycat Bisquick, How to Make Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Cake, How to Make a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato, How to Make an Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato