From Copycat Recipe Guide
Zaxby's Chicken Fingers
The secret to Zaxby's Chicken Fingers is the light and flavorful coating. And now, with this Zaxby's Chicken Fingers recipe, you can recreate this entree at home. Zaxby's Chicken Fingerz are typically served as a plate meal alongside Texas toast, coleslaw, crinkle fries, and their famous dipping sauce. Zaxby's was started by childhood friends Zach McLeroy and Tony Townley, who dreamed of one day creating the ultimate chicken masterpieces.
Creative Commons image by shelnew19
|Customer service phone||866-892-9297|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, cornflakes, buttermilk|
|Cooking method||Deep frying|
|Similar to||Chicken tenders|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Zaxby's Chicken Fingerz Ingredients
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- 2 quarts oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Zaxby's Chicken Fingers Recipe
- Cut chicken breasts across into half-inch pieces.
- Place the chicken and buttermilk into a shallow dish and cover.
- Chill the chicken for at least fifteen minutes.
- Pour the oil into a deep frying pan and heat to 375 degrees.
- Combine the bread crumbs, cornflakes, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning in a shallow bowl.
- Beat the egg in another shallow bowl.
- Place the flour in a shallow plate.
- Cover the chicken fingers in flour, then dip in the egg, and finally cover them with the cornflake and bread crumb mixture.
- Place the coated chicken in the hot oil and fry for 6 to 8 minutes. Drain the Chicken Fingerz on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cool slightly to create a crispier coating.
Zaxby's Chicken Fingers Video
- To make your Zaxby's Chicken Fingerz experience as authentic as possible, serve it with the restaurant's dipping sauce.
- You can also serve your Chicken Fingers with a variety of sauces including marinara sauce, ranch dressing, honey mustard, and BBQ sauce.
Also See: How to Make Zaxby's Sauce, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Chicken Critters, How to Make KFC Original Recipe Fried Chicken, How to Make KFC Extra Crispy Fried Chicken, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Barbecue Sauce, How to Make Panda Express Mandarin Sauce, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion