From Copycat Recipe Guide
Zaxby's dipping sauce is the perfect complement to their crunchy chicken fingers. The spicy and savory sauce offers a balance of creamy and spicy ingredients. The actual ingredients for the restaurant version include soybean oil, water, tomato paste, vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, egg yolk. molasses, sugar, garlic powder, anchovy, and a variety of preservatives. This copycat Zaxby's sauce recipe substitutes a combination of mayonnaise and ketchup for the oil, vinegar, tomato paste, and egg yolk mixture, simplifying the preparation while producing a sauce that replicates the taste and consistency of authentic Zax sauce.
The sauce pairs well with homemade chicken fingers, fried chicken, or chicken nuggets for a quick and enjoyable meal. This copycat Zax sauce recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month. Some separation may occur, so be sure to stir sauce before serving.
|Customer service phone||866-892-9297|
|Served as||Condiment for chicken|
|Main ingredients||Mayonnaise, ketchup|
|Similar to||Outback's Bloomin' Onion sauce|
Zaxby's Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's)
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup (Heinz)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Zaxby's Sauce Recipe
- Measure mayo and place into a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Add garlic powder, molasses, and ketchup to the mixture and stir to blend.
- Top the mixture with Worcestershire sauce and black pepper. Stir well until the mixture appears even and smooth. Add a little volume to the mix by using a hand blender.
- Cover the top of the mixing bowl with plastic wrap, then place in the refrigerator for at least two hour. Optimally, the sauce will be stored in the refrigerator overnight for maximum flavor.
How to Make Zaxby's Sauce
- Using the exact brands mentioned in the recipe is critical to reproducing the flavor of the original Zaxby's Zax sauce. Using other brands lends a slightly different flavor and consistency.
- Avoid using fat free or reduced fat ingredients for best results
- While this sauce is generally used as a dipping sauce, it can also be used as a thick sauce on chicken breasts, in potato salad or in most recipes that call for mayonnaise.
Also See: How to Make Texas Roadhouse Chicken Critters, How to Make KFC Original Recipe Fried Chicken, How to Make KFC Extra Crispy Fried Chicken, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Barbecue Sauce, How to Make Panda Express Mandarin Sauce, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion