From Copycat Recipe Guide
Burger King Bacon Sundae
Burger King has just introduced a new dessert item on their menu, the Burger King Bacon Sundae recipe. It consists of Burger King’s classic soft serve ice cream topped with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, and bits of bacon. The sundae is garnished with a strip of sizzling bacon to tempt your sweet and salty tastebuds.
The Burger King Bacon Sundae is being released in select restaurants nationwide. In particular, Burger King has targeted Nashville, Tennessee as its target market for product testing Make your own sundae using our Burger King Bacon Sundae recipe today!
|Customer service phone||305-378-3535|
|Main ingredients||Ice cream, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, bacon|
|Similar to||Ice Cream sundae|
Burger King Bacon Sundae Ingredients
For the Ice Cream
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 c. half-and-half
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. water ( more or less, as needed to make a stirable consistency)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For Caramel Sauce
- 2 strips of cooked bacon for each sundae.
Burger King Bacon Sundae Recipe
Make the Ice Cream
- Combine whipping cream, half-and-half, sugar, and vanilla extract in a shallow baking dish that will fit into the freezer.
- Stir the ice cream mixture until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer.
- After 30 minutes, remove baking dish from freezer and whisk or stir the ice cream mixture to break up any ice chips, then return the baking dish to the freezer.
- Repeat this step every 30 minutes. It should take two or three rounds of stirring/freezing until you have the consistency of soft serve ice cream. 
Make the Chocolate Sauce
- Combine the sugar, cocoa, and salt in a saucepan.
- Add enough water to make it stirable, then add butter.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Allow mixture to boil for 1 minute while stirring.
- Remove from heat, and add the vanilla.
Make the Caramel Sauce
- Add all of the ingredients to a saucepan and heat on low/medium heat while stirring constantly.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Place in the refrigerator until completely cooled.
Assemble the Sundae
- Place two scoops of soft serve ice cream in a bowl.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce on top of the ice cream.
- Drizzle caramel sauce on top of the ice cream.
- Chop one strip of cooked bacon and sprinkle it on top of the ice cream.
- Place one strip of cooked bacon alongside the ice cream to garnish your sundae.
How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- A fun way to make ice cream is to use ice and rock salt to create a heat transfer that freezes the ice cream. This is especially fun to do with children. All you will need is ice, coarse salt, and two ziplock bags per child; one quart-sized bag and one gallon-sized bag.
- Pour 1/2 cup of ice cream mixture into the quart-size bag. Seal it carefully and squeeze out any extra air.
- Place ½ c. of rock salt (or other coarse salt) into the gallon-size bag. Fill the bag ½ full with ice.
- Place the smaller bag with the ice cream mixture into the gallon bag filled with ice and salt and shake vigorously.
- After about 10 minutes of constant shaking, you will have soft serve ice cream.
- It is a good idea to rinse the bag containing ice cream one you remove it from the salt/ice mixture so you don’t inadvertently get salty water in your ice cream.
- If you do not have the time to make your own ice cream, chocolate sauce, and caramel sauce, purchase ready made ice cream and sauces at the store. Simply add bacon to your store bought ingredients and you’ll have a super-easy Burger King Bacon Sundae.
Also See: How to Make Edy's Girl Scouts Tagalongs Cookie Ice Cream, How to Make Wendy's Frosty, How to Make Homemade Nutella, How to Make a Starbucks Frappuccino, How to Make a Smoothie Like McDonald's