From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cheeseboy Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Cheeseboy serves their sandwiches on a variety of breads with a selection of different cheeses, such as Cheddar, Muenster, Provolone, American, and Light Swiss. The Cheeseboy Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwich is made on Italian bread with American cheese. If you don’t happen to be traveling or shopping near one of Cheeseboy’s many restaurants and you’ve got a craving for grilled cheese, use this Cheeseboy Classic Grilled Cheese recipe to make a sandwich in the comfort of your own home.
A grilled cheese sandwich is the quintessential comfort food. Biting into gooey cheese encased in buttery, toasted bread with just the right crunch evokes memories of cold winter days in mom’s kitchen – a platter piled high with sandwiches and steaming cups of tomato soup. By situating their restaurants in high-traffic areas, the owners of Cheeseboy aspire to serve meals that capture that cozy feeling of home for diners on-the-go. And they’ve succeeded. Founded in 2009, Cheeseboy has restaurants in South Station Train Terminal, Boston, MA; Westfield’s Connecticut Post Mall in Milford, CT; Simon’s South Shore Plaza in Braintree, MA; Palisades Center in West Nyack, New York; and the Prudential Center Food Court in Boston, MA – with plans underway for more expansion.
|Customer service phone||800-348-5950|
|Served as||Sandwich, main dish|
|Main ingredients||Italian bread, American cheese, butter|
|Similar to||Subway sandwich|
Cheeseboy Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwich Ingredients
- 2 slices of Italian bread
- 2 slices of American cheese
Cheeseboy Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- Melt a small pat of butter in a non-stick frying pan on the stove.
- Butter one side of both slices of bread.
- Place one slice of bread in the frying pan; top it with both slices of American cheese.
- Top with the remaining slice of bread, butter side up.
- Cook on medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
How to Make Cheddar Cheese at Home
- A quicker and more efficient method to make grilled cheese sandwiches for a crowd is to bake the sandwiches in the oven instead of frying them in a pan. To do this, simply preheat the oven to 450 degrees Farenheit, place sandwiches on a baking sheet and cook. After about 6 minutes, take the pan out of the oven and flip the sandwiches. Return to oven and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until both sides are golden brown.
- Grilled cheese sandwiches can be made with a multitude of fillings and breads. Experiment with your favorite cheeses, and try adding a tomato, fresh basil leaves, or a slice of ham to the filling of your sandwich before you cook it.
- The “Croque Monsieur” is France’s version of the grilled cheese sandwich. In this sandwich, a slice of ham is added along with the cheese as filling. The sandwich then is dipped into beaten egg before being sautéed in butter. A “Croque Madame” is a variation of the Croque Monsieur with the addition of a fried egg in the middle.
Also See: How to Make a Subway Sandwich, How to Make Subway Bread, How to Make Subway Italian Herbs and Cheese Bread, How to Make a KFC Double Down Sandwich, How to Make a Panera Tomato and Mozzarella Panini, How to Make Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread