From Copycat Recipe Guide
Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich
Chick-fil-A fans who love the taste of the restaurant’s classic Chicken Sandwich can duplicate the Chick-fil-A Sandwich recipe at home. The exact restaurant recipe is a well-guarded secret that includes more than 20 different ingredients, but by following this recipe, you can make a sandwich that rivals the version served at Chick-fil-A.
|Customer service phone||(404)765-8000|
|Served as||Main dish, Sandwich|
|Main ingredients||Chicken breast, flour, milk|
|Cooking method||Deep frying|
|Similar to||Fried chicken sandwich|
Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich Ingredients
- 2 – 6 ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 cups of peanut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp dry milk
- 1 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 sour pickle
- 2 tbsp butter
Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Lay the two chicken breasts on a cutting board. Slice them in half horizontally, making four cutlets. Use a mallet to pound the breasts evenly to a thickness of 1/8-inch. Sprinkle them with salt, pepper, and ½ tsp of paprika.
- Pour the peanut oil into a deep fryer or a pressure cooker. Heat the oil to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If you don’t have a deep fryer or a pressure cooker, simply pour two inches of peanut oil into a heavy-bottomed frying pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- While the oil is warming, combine the egg and milk, along with 2 tbsp of water, in a medium bowl. Combine the flour, dry milk, dry mustard, baking soda, and confectioner’s sugar in a shallow pie plate. Add the remaining ½ tsp paprika, along with salt and pepper to taste, to the flour mixture and whisk to combine.
- Working with one chicken cutlet at a time, dip them into the milk and then dredge them in the flour mixture to coat well. Shake off the excess breading, then fry each breast in the peanut oil for 4 minutes, or until golden brown. Lay the fried chicken on a plate lined with paper towels to drain off the excess oil.
- Separate the hamburger buns and butter them lightly. Lay each slice in the pan, facing down. Toast the bread for two minutes or until evenly browned.
- Slice the sour pickle into eight slices. Remove the bun bottoms from the skillet and place two pickle slices on each piece. Lay the fried chicken breast on top of the pickle slices. Butter the top bun pieces and then lay them on top of the chicken.
Chick-fil-A Cow Commercial
- The above recipe recreates the classic Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich, which is served with no condiments or dressings. If you’d like more flavor, feel free to add mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, or any other condiment as desired.
- Make the sandwich into a Deluxe Chick-fil-A Sandwich by adding lettuce, tomato, and a slice of American cheese.
- As prepared above, this Chick-fil-A Sandwich has 430 calories, 17 grams of fat, and 1410 milligrams of sodium. If you’d like to reduce the calorie count, omit the butter on the bun to save 30 calories and 3 grams of fat.
Also See: How To Make McDonald's Chicken Nuggets, How To Make Texas Roadhouse Country Fried Chicken, How to Make KFC Extra Crispy Fried Chicken, How to Make KFC Original Recipe Fried Chicken, How to Make a Chick-fil-A Milkshake